Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

CW Latency on 6500 with current software

Options
K8AC
K8AC Member ✭✭
edited December 2018 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Recently acquired a 6500 and was curious about the latency involved in receive and transmit with the current software, and factors that might influence it.  I ran some tests comparing my 6500 to an Elecraft transceiver that might be of interest to CW DXers and contesters.  To get the paper with scope photos, etc., use the link below to download the PDF file.  Questions and comments welcome here. 
www.k8ac.net/Latency.html

Answers

• Tom K3TF
    Tom K3TF Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Good information. I am a CW only op as well. I read about the same here. I ran an additional test here with my 6500 on the timing delay between the TX1 and when the RF envelope starts and stops. They did a great job on the new software. I measure 2ms between TX1 going active or low and the RF envelope starting and the same 2ms between when the RF envelope stops and then the TX1 line goes inactive or high. Perfect for a PIN diode amp such as my KPA1500. You can run with zero TX delay on the settings. With my SPE Expert and my Icom PW1 I run 10 ms. delay on the setup. Both of these amps switch around 6ms (they use relays). 

I just upgrade to a 6600 and will check but my guess is the timings will be the same. 

Tom
    K3TF...

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.