Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex Signature Push-To-Tune input

James True
James True Member ✭✭
Is there any way to configure the Flex Signature series radios to use an external connection, accessory I2C channel or USB to put the radio in tune mode?  I have an LDG antenna tuner and it would be really nice if I could hook this up to initiate tune mode (reduced power) as it will with Icom or Yaesu radios. 

Answers

• K3SF
    K3SF Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    hi

i use an LDG AT1000ProII with my 6600M and KPA500 amp.  I set the tuner in auto tune.  I set the tuner auto threshold to 1.7 : 1 swr.  Once the tuner is setup up this way never touch it again. I make sure the 6600M internal tuner is in bypass mode and the amp is in standby.

Then a simple push of the TUNE button on the 6600M send 20 watts  which is set via the menu for TUNE POWER and is the min required by the at1000proII and the tuner works away if swr exceeds 1.7 :1

This works no matter what mode of the radio.

Paul K3SF

• James True
    James True Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Paul,

Thanks for the suggestion.  Unfortunately my only antenna is an 80M loop (restricted neighborhood) and I have to live with higher SWR on some frequencies so I have not been able to find a useful threshold for the tuner.  
  • K3SF
    K3SF Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Hi  James

The other way requires two buttons to push if you are using and LDG tuner.

Turn OFF AUTO-THRESHOLD on the tuner.

When you feel you need to tune then push TUNE on the flex radio first, followed by HOLDING the TUNE button on the autotuner just long enough to force it  to start and go thru a tune cycle.

Once the tuner has found a swr it is happy with and it stops tuning, then hit TUNE button on radio to turn it off.

Note you can always interrupt and stop the tune cycle just by turning OFF the TUNE on the radio

i have used both techniques depending on what antenna i am using here.

Paul K3SF

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.