Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Voicekeyer N1MM, DAX and headset

Laurens PD9X
Laurens PD9X Member ✭✭
I can use the voicekeyer from N1MM with DAX and 6400, works fine. But there is no audio from my Heil headset coming with DAX switched on in the Maestro. Only when I switched DAX off i have TX modulation.

For me it is very important to use the voicekeyer from N1MM (and DAX) at the same with my Heil headset. My headset is connected with the Maestro and working remote over internet to the 6400

Who can help me to solve this issue?

Comments

• Laurens PD9X
    Laurens PD9X Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    up

CQWW SSB is coming :-)

• Andy - KU7T
    Andy - KU7T Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Launrens,

to troubleshoot this, close all other software, disable DAX and make sure your MIC works with the radio. If that does not work, its an issue with the MIC or you need a helpdesk ticket. If it does work, bring each piece of software back up step by step and figure out when it stops working. 

Good luck, 
    Andy
    KU7T

• Laurens PD9X
    Laurens PD9X Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018

Tim advised me to go back to v2.39. In LAN mode I can use the voicekeyer together with headset.

But when I work remote (WAN), DAX is not supported with 2.39 and Smartlink, so ned to upgrade to 2.49 and I have same problem…

Who can give me the right solution for this? 

I’am sure that I not the only one in the (Flex) world who has this problem… please help!!

• Laurens PD9X
    Laurens PD9X Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Last answer from Flex is that this problem will be solved in a next version upgrade.......

Any solutions to use N1MM voicekeying and voice at the same time over remote? Am i the only one who is using this??
  • Stan VA7NF
    Stan VA7NF Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Laurens,
    I am interested in what you heard from FRS.
    From pre-release beta of SSDR there has been NO monitoring feedback from the radio server to ANY client; this being both CW and voice keying.
    Restated, computer based (e.g. N1MM) and direct keying (e.g. CW Paddle) could only BOTH be heard if the headphones were plugged into the radio server.  This forced the radio to be very near the operating position, certainly not remote by any definition.
    There are understandably timing concerns that must be resolved.

Looking forward to using my Maestro, paddle, and N1MM/computer at the operating position and radio near the antenna or even racked in a closet.
  • Laurens PD9X
    Laurens PD9X Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    My first answer from FRS in October

The analysis of your Helpdesk support incident has concluded that the issue you reported is a probable software defect inadvertently introduced into SmartSDR v2.4.9. I have transferred this issue to the Engineering/Software Development group and placed it in their bug tracker for further analysis.

This issue has been logged as defect number: 6658

In december i asked if there was any update about this issue:

This defect will be fixed in the next release of SmartSDR.

As reply when update wil come:

When all of the new features are added to the release and it passes testing.  There is no time frame for when this will occur.  It will be done when it is done.  Sometime after the first of the year

Pfff i can't wait... Missed a lot major contests...

• Laurens PD9X
    Laurens PD9X Member ✭✭
    edited March 2019

I am still struggle with this issue. In SSB contests it is not possible to use voicekeyer and headset at both time over Smartlink.

For me this is a real shortcoming by using Flex. It should be fixed in a next version upgrade, but I can’t wait so long…

I tried with an automatic voicekeyer on the Mic input from the Maestro, but this gives delay, between PTT and audio. Last word is missing from my message

Who can give me a good suggestions to participate again in the SSB contests?

#desperate....
  • Adde Tjernberg
    Adde Tjernberg Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Is this issue solved in v3? I can get N1MM, DAX and my headset to work at the same time but ONLY with VOX. Manual PTT switching with MOX or via a COM-port does not work.

Is this related in any way?

73 de Adde, SM0SHG

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.