Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Windows 10 1809

Jim Gilliam
Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
edited May 2019 in New Ideas

Before installing 1809, I completely removed SmartSDR per Tim's instructions and loaded in 2.49. Everything worked perfectly. This has been my 11th uninstall/install.

Jim, K6QE

Comments

• Mark NS9N
    Mark NS9N Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Hi Jim, you beat me to posting this.

If you don't do the uninstall of SDR, the DAX drivers are going to be messed up once again. Remember to remove everything including the DAX and CAT drivers. The good news is that I was able to recover without having to rename all the DAX device drivers as in the past. After the October Windows 10 update messed up the DAX drivers, I uninstalled all SmartSDR versions from the computer, including all the drivers. Then did a cold reboot. Installed SDR again and just like magic, it all played perfectly. But it is much better to uninstall SDR before the update. Yes, I know, one day I will stop being so trust worthy and follow the good advice.
  • Tom W3FRG
    Tom W3FRG Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    I let Windows install the 1809 update w/o doing anything to SDR.
    In fact, I have never removed SDR before a Windows update.
    Everything went well and all is working normally.

Tom W3FRG
  • Jim K4JAF
    Jim K4JAF Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Windows 1809 has been pulled from the update list due to problems especially deletion of files for some users.  If you have not installed yet, DONT.
  • Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018

And currently you can't install it. It's been removed. So going forward you won't need to any take steps to block it.

#FlexRadio IRC chat

For real-time discussions

SDRgadgets

User created documentation.
               Volunteer!!

73, Jay - NO5J

• Craig Williams
    Craig Williams Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Woops?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.