Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Unexpected widget on start-up

Just hooked my my new 6600. Turned the radio on, started SmartSDR, followed the instructions. First thing that happens is a widget not shown in the documentation comes up. It says, "SmartSDR CAT," and has info about a serial port and a TCP port. No idea what to do now.

Comments

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited June 2020
    When you installed SmartSDR you probably left the default checkboxes. That installs CAT and DAX utilities.

CAT allows the radio to share CAT info with other programs (logging software, digital programs, etc).

DAX is digital audio exchange. It allows audio connections from the radio to third party programs such as digital mode software. You do not need a hardware interface.

Look at your desktop.
    CAT is an orange icon. DAX is green. SmartSDR is blue.

Click on the blue SmartSDR icon to start SmartSDR.

Dave wo2x

• Frank Kirschner
    edited September 2018
    It's easier to tell the icons apart by the letters. SmartSDR says SDR, DAX says DAX, and CAT says CAT. I did start the correct program. It just wouldn't connect. Turning everything of and rebooting a few times seems to have fixed it, and everything seems to be operating correctly now.

Frank - KF6E

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.