Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

High Cut indicator

Options
Pat N6PAT
Pat N6PAT Member ✭✭
edited January 2020 in New Ideas
This morning I had 3 slices open and noticed that Slice A had a fluctuating power output for FT8 on any band. I confirmed this with DDUtil. Slices B and C did not have this problem.

Turns out I had high cut set to 1500 and had set FT8 for Slice A audio TX freq to 1480.  The other slices had the audio TX set to lower values so there was no problem with them. Changing the high cut to 2500 solved the issue.

I've experienced a lack of output power due to the high cut setting a few times already so I thought it would be nice to have an indicator to alert the op when the high cut was being approached or exceeded for a given slice. Then I would know right away what the issue is rather then start checking power cables, coax, etc.

Comments

• Martin AA6E
    Martin AA6E Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Options
    I usually run my 6500 tx ~100 - 4000 Hz for wsjtx modes. No issues except a little variation when running ~200 Hz. Fluctuations at the 5% level are not worth worrying about. 73 Martin AA6E

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.