Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex 6300 with DAW and DAX

Dave
Dave Member
edited August 2018 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Good day all,

Has anyone managed to get a 6000 series Flex working with DAW Software. I use Voicemeter Banana and Audiomulch on my Anan 100. The problem I have is I cannot get DAX setup to work with the aforementioned software with Smartsdr and DAX
I don't even know if DAX will work. When we still used VAC Cable software it was not a problem.
So if there is anyone who has setup a DAW with an external sound box, like a UMC22 or Presonus Audiobox USB 96.
I would be really grateful to get the DAX setup so that the software, sound box and flex all communicate to each other

Kindest regards, Dave (ZS6AVM)

Answers

• Mark_WS7M
    Mark_WS7M Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Hi David,

I have not tried this.  I am not completely sure what it is that you are trying to do.  Are you trying to route receive audio from Flex to your DAW?  Or are you trying to send pre-recorded stuff from your DAW to your flex?

In my experience DAW programs allow you to record and playback usually multiple tracks of audio. Most of these are set to output stereo data.  I believe if you want to send that to Flex you are going to end up losing either the left or right channel.  If you send to the TX DAX audio device it will be mono data I believe.  I could be wrong about this.

I will play around this weekend and see if I can get my DAW and flex talking.  I never tried.
  • N8SDR
    N8SDR Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Dave it should work, When i first got my 6400 I used the Focusrite 2i2 box and Ableton live to  put that audio back into the flex 6400. However I stop using that as i found the newer EQ in the 6400 was better then the EQ I had when using the 3000. I had my output on my DAW going into VB-Cable which is also same company as your Voice Bananna. I set the software i the 6400 to use the PC. And then set VB cable as my recording device- I did not use DAX for incoming  audio, only outgoing Used the second VB cable cable as a hand off from DAX and then set it to play back through the PC speakers which uses a set of studio monitors, and a Kinter digital AMP from the sound-card. I never cared much for the dreaded VAC program and found I had better results withe stability and throughput using VB cables instead when running the 3000. save your VAC key and give VB cables a try the first set is free the second set I donated 10.00 bucks for making it less cost then VAC as well. https://www.vb-audio.com/Cable/
  • Dave
    Dave Member
    edited August 2018
    Many thanks Richard (great call for an SDR user) :)

All noted on using VB Cables, now we are getting somewhere :)
    I am not sure with regards to the use of 2 VB Cables, is two VB Cable Software free. Perhaps I am going off on a tangent here. I seem to remember that one VB Cable was free with Banana and if you need a second one you need to make a donation. I will have a look again :) Okay I see that he end of your comment that I was not disillusion with regards to 2 VB Cables, so will need to make a donation :)

Thanks for your response Richard, I will give it a go, as I really enjoy using a DAW for TX Audio. I do have a full hardware rack, but setting up audio with say Voxengo Overtone GEQ is much easier, less critical parameters to deal with :)

Kindest regards, Dave (ZS6AVM)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.