Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

N1MM+ and 6600 2..3.9 SSDR CW

Dallas k1dw
Dallas k1dw Member ✭✭
edited January 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
Trying to get N1MM+ (latest version ) and SSDR (2.3.9) to work SO2R with 6600. The  N1MM+ data entry window Keyboard commands do not shift the TX in the FLEX /.. ( ie  Break , , ) is this a N1MM set up problem or a Flex connection problem, or both?  The Break is used to shift the TX from  band slice A and B. (ie one slice on 20 meters and the other on 40 meters. )  There does not seem to be any instructions on either N1MM or SSDR web site or on you tube.   Can you offer a suggestion/

Answers

• Kari Gustafsson SM0HRP
    Kari Gustafsson SM0HRP Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Hi Dallas, there could be some causes for it. First, have configured OTRSP settings in the N1MM meny? And saved the defined TX 1 profile to slice A etc. And then defined a global SO2R profile? Secondly, on a European keyboard at least one need to find the correct key that produces the right ASCI code? Some keyboards mix them up.
  • Dallas k1dw
    Dallas k1dw Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018

Kari,
    TNX for our response.  Does this give you any hint of where to look for problems?
    The set up used was from a Flex write up  by K9CT for a 6700.  My keyboard is standard used in USA. 

• k0eoo
    k0eoo Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Hello Dallas,

I followed this guide some years ago and it got me going on N1MM+, worked good....

http://www.flexradio.com/downloads/so2r-mode-with-n1mm-for-the-flex-6700-how-to-guide-pdf/

• Dallas k1dw
    Dallas k1dw Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Thanks to all for the help ... N1MM+ AND SSDR  are both working in the SO2R mode. Once the com ports were aligned.  Radios are fun but computers are a challenge especially for us older guys ... 
    Now to train the operator how to use the SO2R system for morer Qs.
    de  Dallas k1DW
  • Kari Gustafsson SM0HRP
    Kari Gustafsson SM0HRP Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Try the Writelog Contest simulator and you will be prepared. The built in morserunner mode in N1MM only works well in SO1V mode.
  • ctate243
    ctate243 Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    hang in there.. I have N6RO (an octogenarian) working with a 6600-M now.  It does get easier.  practice makes perfect.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.