Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

After upgrade cant get CAT control with WSJT-X

Ken AG2K
Ken AG2K Member ✭✭
edited July 2019 in Third-Party Software

After upgrading to 2.3.7 I can not seem to get WSJT-X set up to do FT8 anymore. I've tried to reconfigure per community instructions but just can't get CAT to work... I've seen the audio get through and do some decoding but no CAT..

Thoughts

Ken

AG2K

Answers

• Mark_W3II
    Mark_W3II Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Make sure you have selected the radio in the CAT program. Double check the virtual serial port that WSJTX is set to.
  • John - AI4FR
    John - AI4FR Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Also try turning off CAT by task manager under processes. Even though I exit out of CAT it still stays active and at times WSJT does not work. Close it out as described above, then restart CAT and all should be well. Good luck with it and we'll be looking for you on FT8.
  • Ken AG2K
    Ken AG2K Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018

Not sure what you mean CAT uses TCP port 60001. WSJTS is set for 127.0.0.1:60001

Ken

• Ken AG2K
    Ken AG2K Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018

Did a reboot but still no luck.. do you know what is the name of the process that CAT uses?

Ken

• John - AI4FR
    John - AI4FR Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Under task manager, under processes, it is called Cat.exe. If this doesn't work, try rebooting the PC and radio and starting fresh. If that doesn't work, then my guess is it is a setting someplace as Mark thought.
  • Mark_W3II
    Mark_W3II Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    I have successfully connected WSJT-X v1.9.1 with 6600M radio 3 ways.
    1. Using CAT TCP port 5004, WSJT-X set to Flex 6xxx 127.0.0.1:5004
    2. Using CAT Serial COM6, wsJT-X set to Kenwood TS-480 COM6 Baud 38400
    3. Using DXLabs DXCommander, WSJT-X set to DX Lab Suite Commander

• Ken AG2K
    Ken AG2K Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018

Fixed! Didn't realize that I had an older version of WSJT-X running. Ran the newest version and all works....

Thanks for the help

Ken

AG2K

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.