Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6600 temporary freezes with 2.3.7 SW

Sergey KN7K
Sergey KN7K Member ✭✭✭
edited March 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
My 6600 arrived week ago and was working fine with 2.2.8 SW.
I installed 2.3.7 and I am observing temporary frezes for about 1 sec almost every time I move the frequency on SSDR. No Maestro connected.
6600 connected to a Ethernet switch.

My PC is pretty powerfull - Intel i7700 overclocked to 4600Mhz, 64Gb DDR at 3400Mhz, 1TB SSD, Windows 10 64bit

What was done sor far:
1. Power cycle PC
2. Power cycle 6600
Issue is still present.
With my limited time with previous SW I never noticed that issue.
Any input would be appreciated.
Thanks
Sergey, KN7K

Here how it looks during freeze

Comments

• Sergey KN7K
    Sergey KN7K Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    here is my Network status from Flex-Network
  • Steven WA8Y
    Steven WA8Y Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    I doubt it has anything to do with the software but you can always revert back use the previous version and see if it works fine
  • Sergey KN7K
    Sergey KN7K Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Thanks Steve for suggestion.
    I cannot longer go to 2.2.8 as SSDR has only one option when I open 2.2.8 - "Update".
    I do not have "Connect" option when I launch 2.2.8.
    As I mentioned above I used 2.2.8 for a week before update. I defenetly would notice any delay, as currently with 2.3.7 it is pretty obvious.
    Sergey, KN7K
  • Al K0VM
    Al K0VM Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    If you have not already done so.. reboot both the radio and the PC..
    AL, K0VM
  • Mark NS9N
    Mark NS9N Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Very interesting. I am direct connected and had the problem with 2.2.8. When it happened I would see the green bars drop from full to half then recovered. So far this has not happened with 2.3.7. I also have a full blown i7 Gen 8 machine so I know it is not on the computer side.
  • Jim  KJ7S
    Jim KJ7S Member ✭✭
    edited January 2020
    If you need to go back to 2.2.8, then you will also have to do the 'update' in order to get the firmware back to where it was with 2.2.8
  • Sergey KN7K
    Sergey KN7K Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Well, I do not want to go back. I would like to tests spots feature as soon as I am done with KH1 :)
    As I stated before, since I am learing Flex over last week, I spent hours in front of the PC every day  and I would notice it with 2.2.8.
    As soon as I installed 2.3.7 it is immediately started these freezes.
    Sergey, KN7K

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.