Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Connect Raspberry Pi to Flex 6K

Steve - K5FRSteve - K5FR Member ✭✭
edited June 2019 in SmartSDR API
I'm looking for some example code to connect a RPi 3B+ to my 6700 using either FlexLib or the Ethernet API. For the time being I want to use the RPi programming environment for generating the code (IDLE/NANO). Ultimately, I want to be able to read/set freq, mode, filter, etc.

Answers

• AE0MWAE0MW Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    I started on a project like this a year or so ago, but it got pushed by the wayside. There's no FlexLib but the Ethernet API worked quite well.

My suggestion would be to skip discovery packets and hard code your IP to get things going quickly (I remember discovery frustrating me).
  • Steve - K5FRSteve - K5FR Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Thanks for the reply. I want to do the discovery just for the challenge as this whole project is for learning/playing, not trying to accomplish anything in particular (yet).
  • Mark WS7MMark WS7M Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Steve,

You did not mention what OS you plan to run on your Pi?   I have several Pi doing various things.  All run the Raspian Linux.   

I have another Linux box that I am currently writing a flex connect system using standard ol C and C++.

I have a friend Linux pro who bought my flex 6500.  He will be writing some python stuff.

I do have some C stuff given to me by another ham that I have not extracted the pieces from but it was designed to read flex frequency an control some antennas and tuners.  I could probably get a zip of that to you.  Again it is destined for C and Linux
  • AE0MWAE0MW Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Mark, I'd be very interested in that last part. What I did was just some perl scripts but it would be nice to get back into good ole C.
  • Mark WS7MMark WS7M Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Ok let me package it up and I'll get it put somewhere and post a download link
  • Steve - K5FRSteve - K5FR Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Using Raspian with the Pixel desktop. I would also be interested in any sample code.
  • WayneWayne Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Mark, Id be interested also I have an unused Pi3 sitting in the drawer just waiting to do something ....

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.