Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Controlled Envelope Single Side Band really works well

Steven WA8Y
Steven WA8Y Member ✭✭
edited November 2018 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
CESSB Processing claims of 2.5 dB can really improve intelligibility of your voice. Mi0ADX made a recording of me as I moved thru no Proc, & Proc (essor) modes; Nor, DX, DX+. The playback over the air sounded very natural, even better than what I hear in my headphones. I will upload the audio file to my QRZ page since I cannot do so here. WA8Y

Comments

• Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    This is one thing the PROC does on the Flex that no other radio does as well, keep the audio natural without the sound of someone yelling at you. In your face audio to me, is not acceptable.
  • K2CB Eric Dobrowansky
    K2CB Eric Dobrowansky Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Not true. The ANAN radios also use CESSB, with even more flexibility in settings.
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Flex Is the only one using that PROC, I am not really talking about CESSB. The technology in the PROC is only flex.
  • K2CB Eric Dobrowansky
    K2CB Eric Dobrowansky Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    What do you think the PROC button is actually doing? It is enabling the CESSB algorithm in SmartSDR. There may be other coding being implemented as well, but the 3db talk power advantage is primarily from the CESSB code.
  • Craig Williams
    Craig Williams Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    No fighting.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.