Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Heil Pro 7 Headset and FLEX 6600M

Wolfgang
Wolfgang Member ✭✭
I installed the new Heil Pro 7 Headset successfully to my brand new FLEX 6600M without any issues. Connect the supplied headset cable (3.55mm MIC and 3.5mm Phone) to the Phone and Mic plug on the back of your 6600M. Thats it and works fine. Set MIC to BIAS and +20dB - 73' Wolfgang

Comments

• Amlan - AI6XN
    Amlan - AI6XN Member
    edited September 2018
    Question: I am trying to do the same. Where did you get the cables (3.5 mic and phone)? What about PTT?
  • Wolfgang Sidler
    edited December 2018
    HI - the MIC cable was supplied with the Headset - just plug and play. I'm using the Heil Hand-PTT Switch which I connected direct to the RCA TX1.image
  • terry
    terry Member
    edited July 2019
    This is the Heil Pro 7 Headset with HC-7 Element, correct?  Not the IC model....
  • K3SF
    K3SF Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    I run a heil proset plus with HC5 element....NOT iC element...
    i have the Bias turnoff and gain set to +20db

Paul K3SF
  • Dawg Fan
    Dawg Fan Member
    edited February 2019
    Thanks Paul...I am looking to buy new headset to mate with 6600M.
  • Joe N3HEE
    Joe N3HEE Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019

I use a Heil Pro 7 with HC7 dynamic element.  No bias. No gain.  If you are a DXer or contester then try the HC74 element.  They are easily interchangable.  Great headset for CW, SSB and contesting.  No issues at all connecting to my 6600M.  Plug and Play !
  • terry
    terry Member
    edited July 2019
    I got my Heil Pro 7 Dynamic version today.  Plugged in and testing it with South Dakota Station with good signal report using default HM Pro mic setting.  Discovered cord too short for my operating position so ordered 6 foot extension cables from Amazon.
  • rskiba
    rskiba Member
    I know this post is a bit in the past, but I have a questions about the plug on the Heil cable for the Mic. It is a mono plug and the plug for the Flex Mic that came with my radio is a stereo type. I tried plugging in the headset as stated about and it does indeed work for both audio and voice, but I am concerned that I am shorting the internal jack somehow. Anyone else have this concern and do you have any other information to share? My radio is a 6600M only about 2 months old. TIA, --Rob W2RY

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.