Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Panafall display w / wo "LIVE" button pushed

Doug - W5WTX
Doug - W5WTX Member ✭✭
edited January 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
I just loaded V2.2.8 on my 6600M.  I'm running stand alone mode, i.e. operating off the front panel w/o computer.  When I touched the on screen "Live" button it lit red and the panafall display disappeared.  Just under the LIVE button I see time stamps of the current time but no time stamp updates are occurring.  When I touch the "LIVE" button again, the time stamps turn to a static history (-5s, -10s, -15s...).  I don't however get the panafall diplay back.  The screen area is solid black.  Cycling power and rebooting did not restore the panafall display.  Questions, what should I be seeing with and without the "LIVE" button lit and how do I get the panafall display back?

Answers

• Wayne
    Wayne Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    This is explained on page 135 of the v2.1.30 6400m/6600m user manual dated 29 January 2018. On my 6400M when I touch live I get the time display on the right and the word LIVE turns to red background if I press live again the background goes to black and the waterfall returns to normal action. Note .. I went to a dollar tree and purchased a 4 color ink pen stylus combo and I use the stylus rubber end to touch the touchscreen since it is much easier to touch the right place and easier on the touch screen I described in detail which stylus to get because I purchased several there and this is the one that seems to work best. The live area is very small and my **** fingers would never be able to target it to touch it without using a stylus.
  • Doug - W5WTX
    Doug - W5WTX Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    This was not a case of my not reading or understanding the manual.  This was a case of the radio not responding like the manual says it should.  I would totally loose the panafall display when I disabled LIVE and when I re-enabled it, still no display.  The screen area where the panafall display was suppose to be was totally blank.  I am saying "was" because after a hard reset it is now responding the way the manual suggests that it should.  I had just installed V2.2.8 a few minutes before having the issue.  Maybe something got hosed up in the installation process.  Regardless, it appears to be working now.

Very 73,

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited May 2018
    As per the Release Notes, it is a best practice to cold boot the radio after a firmware update to reset all of the internal processors.
  • Doug - W5WTX
    Doug - W5WTX Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Good to know.  I missed that in my reading.  Thanks Tim.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.