Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

DAX Fix for my PC with Win 10 1803

Roland
Roland Member
edited June 2020 in New Ideas
This is what I sent to Neal at Flex that resolved my problem with DAX errors!

Neal, I accomplish a fix to my problem by doing the following:

1. Uninstalled SmartSDR with Revo Uninstaller including Register items
2. Delete Register clean up with CCleaner
3. Restored Windows back to Previous Windows 10 version
4. Rebooted
5. Checked to make sure there were no DAX entries in Sound settings.
6. Re-installed SmartSDR.
7. Success

I was able to use SmartSDR v2.1.33 prior to this fix by not using DAX Audio RX 1 or DAX IQ RX 1 with my software programs. So I was not entirely out of service. I am glad that things are back to normal now. I have set my future WIN 10 upgrade installs on metered WIFI so I can decide when to upgrade and now I will examine the Flex Community first for comments or problems. Hi!  Hope this helps others!

Roland NA5Q

Comments

• Ben N6MUF
    Ben N6MUF Member
    edited May 2018
    IF...IF...IF you had only stayed with W7
  • Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018

You have me very very confused when you said you restored windows back to its previous version when you said you just got it working for 1803. Isn't 1803 the lastet version?

Jim, K6Qe

• KS0CW
    KS0CW Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    That’s a gamble too, I have seen the cookie crumble from all sides.... be it win 10, 7 or IOS have all in current operation.... software is a crapshoot, when one tanks I go to the other, at some point an OS or application patch fixes the issue and on rare occasions it’s a client hardware flash...
  • Mark Wohlschlegel
    Mark Wohlschlegel Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    My understanding and confirmed by Neal of Flex, is that if you are running Windows 10 Family---and even the other Windows 10--Microsoft decides when to upgrade your system--you have no control--when they decide to do it--they do it!   WC3W Mark
  • Roland
    Roland Member
    edited May 2018
    I restore to Windows version 1709 Jim. But I was able to operate the Flex but only using Dax 2 thru 4. DAX RX 1 was dead.
  • Roland
    Roland Member
    edited May 2018
    Well, right now the upgrade wants to occur again but is sitting on me to restart. I understand it will stay that way unless I receive an update that must be installed, such as a security update. Oh well, we shall see! 73

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.