Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Anyone having short cut-offs on 2M transmissions on their 6700?

Roy Laufer
Roy Laufer Member ✭✭
Hello Everyone out there...

I have noticed a problem when speaking on a local FM repeater on 2M using my 6700/DEMI LDPA. I have been told that my signal has very short cut-offs, as though I am releasing my PTT for a second.

One person thought that I might be over deviating at my peaks, so I tried to lower my mic gain, with no improvement. I have spoken to others that don't think this is a case of over-deviation.

One fellow told me that he was listening to another 6700 user who was complaining of the same artifact when using his 6700 on 2M FM.

Any thoughts? Any ideas?

Could this be a firmware quirk?

(If you have another model and don't operate 2M FM, but "haven't noticed this problem" that's great - I'm more interested in the experience of 6700/LDPA 2M FM Repeater users experiences.)

Vy 73,
Roy AC2GS

Comments

• KF4HR
    KF4HR Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Thanks for posting this issue Roy.  I have a DEMI 2M Amp on order for my 6700 and would like to hear some replies before I take delivery of the amp.

Just curious.  Have you used a separate 2M receiver to monitor whether your signal is actually dropping out or not?

KF4HR

• Roy Laufer
    Roy Laufer Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Unfortunately, a recent wet snowstorm cleared all my antennas on my roof, leaving me only one UHF/VHF antenna here, so I can't operate duplex right now.

If I don't see anyone having a similar problem I'll have to rig something for duplexing and start changing as many variables as I can to figure out what part in my setup might be doing this.

I wouldn't have posted this problem so early in my search, but like I wrote, a friend heard a 6700 user complaining about a similar thing.

If/when I figure this out I will post its resolution to any interested readers.

Roy AC2GS
  • Duane_AC5AA
    Duane_AC5AA Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    How about using an HT in the shack with an ear bud or headsets (to eliminate feedback)?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.