Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

NOT CONNECTED...I can see and operate my 6700 over Smartlink but the SmartSDR CAT display keeps tell

Options
N4AB
N4AB Member ✭✭
edited March 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
Smartlink seems to be working OK. I can control (TUNE, Bands, Modes, Frequency, etc.) my 6700 over the remote link but the SmartSDR CAT display shows "Not connected to Radio" and I can not operate the WSJT-X program over the remote link. But when I bring it back to my WIFI network it comes up with "Radio Connected" as soon as I turn the radio and computer on. I know it must be something that I am not doing right but I can not figure it out. I'm missing a step (or more), but I set it up working at home  and when I try it remotely same thing happens. Think I'll go back to my 6L6 TX and S-38 RX. I need setup help.

Answers

• Jim Runge
    Jim Runge Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Where it says not connected on the CAT screen, click on the not connected and another screen will come up allowing you to connect.
  • K3SF
    K3SF Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Options
    by current design CAT and DAX do not work via SmartLink Mode...

they only work via LAN mode

see
    https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/need-dax-with-smartlink
  • Craig_KØCF
    Craig_KØCF Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Only half true! Indeed, DAX does not work on SmartLink, but CAT does, and very well. I use logging software remotely and it works fine. CAT provides for connecting to the radio remotely, as noted by Jim, above.

Craig, KØCF
  • K3SF
    K3SF Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Options
    OOPS..I overstated
    and
    i just found CAT/smartlink info
    https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/smartsdr-cat-on-smartlink

but
    since no DAX data connection then not able to do WSJTX or other digital modes

and

yep my heathkit AT-1 had a 6L6 and bucket crystals and and AR3 receiver and used knife switch for antennaT/R switch
    and
    used TV twinline to feed folded dipole
    and
    used little neon lightbulbs taped to the twinline to tune for max power

BUT

today's station is 6600M feeding KPA500 with array sixpack remote antenna switch to an 8 element LPDA, 43ft vert, 145ft OCF antenna farm
    using two Mac minis with 4 monitors....

dont think i want to go back...love the way thinks just work now
    with dxcc at 328 confirmed of 329 worked...
    and
    dxcc for cw, fone and digital...and 8 Band dxcc
  • Neil D Friedman N3DF
    Neil D Friedman N3DF Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Yeah, but my Heathkit Benton Harbor Lunchbox (Twoer) had a great slot on the side sized to hold my precious Novice license but my 6600M does not.
  • Clay N9IO
    Clay N9IO Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Options
    K3SF and Neil I think the same way, I love the memories and feeling at 15 with my DX60 and SX28. My TR was a manual coax switch then I would reach over to the SX28 and flip the mute switch to transmit logging every QSO and even the many uncompleted QSO's attempted. Now with Flex... No Contest. Life is good, seriously enjoying the experience! Radio is FUN again.
  • Lawrence Gray
    Lawrence Gray Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Options
    You can work digital using SmartLink by using virtual audio cables.  See my earlier post: https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/digital-modes-via-smartlink-using-virtual-audio

I have done this several times and it works perfectly.  DAX in SmartLink would be great, but you can work digital via SmartLink without DAX.

Larry, W1IZZ

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited April 2018
    Options
    And you have to log into CAT with your SmartLink account too.  Just login to SmartSDR will not log you into both, as they are independent apps.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.