Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Different power output for slice A and B?

Andy - KU7T
Andy - KU7T Member ✭✭
edited January 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Hi, Just got my 6600M, and made 150 QSOs in the WPX. Having lots of fun and setup was easy. However I cannot effectively SO2R because different output levels. I am running an amp on ANT1 and need to limit the output to 65W. ANT2 should be set to 100W. Whenever I switch to another slice the power is set to 100w but the radio doesn't remember the 65w level. How to do this? Andy KU7T

Answers

• Bill English
    Bill English Member
    edited January 2020
    DDUtil is a program that will let you set your output per band. That might solve your problem. It also does a lot of other neat things as well.
  • Mack
    Mack Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    i suggest a good read of the manual on transmit profiles. Once you have profiles set up for slide A and slice B the power setting will be retained. Make sure you're using the latest software as there was a bug in the previous version.

Mack
    W4AX
    Alpha Team
  • Andy - KU7T
    Andy - KU7T Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    I understand that a 3rd party application or profiles can help here. However, I think it is a bug that if I set the power level to 65W on slice 1 and 100W on slice 2 and switch back and forth a few times that the 65W is lost and reverts to 100W.  What I set it to should stay without any additional helpers.  Notice that I did not change the antenna...

Thanks,
    Andy
    KU7T
  • Mack
    Mack Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Andy,

On the Alpha team we tested this behavior extensively. The key is to save a different transmit profile for each slice. This is detailed in the users manual. Here's a good video to show how to set profiles: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32tPr1hF7Ys

Mack
    W4AX
    Alpha Team
  • Andy - KU7T
    Andy - KU7T Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Just FYI,

I opened a help desk ticket to make the PWR **** setting persist per slice and not go back to the initial profile setting when switching slices back and forth (SO2R). It seems I may have persuaded the support, and the issue is being tracked as issue # 6680.

Thanks,
    Andy
    KU7T

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.