Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

FlexControl (and keyboard) stop working!

Duane_AC5AA
Duane_AC5AA Member ✭✭✭
edited August 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
This behavior has just started, a  couple of days or so after installing the v2,1,33.   Since it also affects the keyboard at the same time, I'm dubious that it's SmartSDR causing the problem.  I can  work around it by pulling and replugging the USB cable (on both devices).  Looking through the device manager, nothing obvious seems in error.  Has anyone else had this problem and know a way to fix it?  I'm more suspicious of a Win 10 driver issue, but have no way to troubleshoot that.

Comments

• Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Try moving the controler to a different comport in device manager,,go higher
  • WK2Y
    WK2Y Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Any change to your antenna or cabling configuration? Started using a new frequency or mode?  My first suspicion is an RFI problem. 
    Bob, WK2Y 
  • N2TU
    N2TU Company Adviser ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Been reported a few time here...but doesn't seem to be version specific.

Try this...go into Device Manager and reassign the Flex Control to an high unused comport ...like 100 or 105....

As for your keyboard, I would try the same thing....

Good luck...

Lou N2TU
  • Tim VE6SH
    Tim VE6SH Member ✭✭
    edited March 2019

I had this issue and none of the Flex fixes worked. It was only when I let Win 10 update (much holding of breath and prayers) did the Flex control start to work again. I suspect it is a driver issue.

Tim VE6SH

• Duane_AC5AA
    Duane_AC5AA Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    FlexControl is on COM62 - has been for three years with no issues until now.  
  • Duane_AC5AA
    Duane_AC5AA Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    No changes, no RF problems in the shack.  Occurs with no RF having been present - only a system sleep cycle.  Logitech wireless mouse is not affected, only plugged in keyboard and FlexControl.
  • Duane_AC5AA
    Duane_AC5AA Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Tim, do you mean you deleted the drivers and let MS update them, or that you turned on the automatic MS updates?  I've had no way to stop the MS updates (yes, Win 10) and have suffered a few issues until MS fixed them.  But I have yet to try deleting drivers and letting MS update, as suggested above.
  • Tim VE6SH
    Tim VE6SH Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018

No, I just did the standard auto update and it fixed the problem. I had intermittent Flex control for several weeks that I could not correct. One of the major upgrades from Win 10 fixed it but I have no understanding of what that upgrade did to the drivers.

Tim VE6SH

• Clay N9IO
    Clay N9IO Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Reason #312 I continue to stay with Win7pro. Barely have enough time to chase a little DX let alone chasing Win 10 issues down. Nope not yet...

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.