Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6600M external speaker and can the radio display be turned off?

Jeffrey Kerber, N3VE
Jeffrey Kerber, N3VE Member ✭✭
edited July 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
I just received my 6600M moving from a 6700 and I can't figure out how to get the audio from the rear audio out and not hear it from the front speaker.  Next question is there a way to put the display to sleep?  I may have to send this back and keep the 6700.

Answers

• Jim Runge
    Jim Runge Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Go to radio setup and click on the RX tab.  At the bottom of the RX screen, Change the front panel speaker from enabled to disabled.
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Do you need the display off?
  • Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Jeff you can't shut the display off. I would think they will improve a lot of things related to m versions in the next few months. I sent my 6600m back in exchange for a 6600 because of two failures in two weeks and I feel the interface is a little "unfinished". Implementation of multi-client in the future might help you if they add meters or something to the front panel. At least you will have something of value to lol at :) Rich
  • KC2QMA_John
    KC2QMA_John Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Yes if you can't turn the display off at least show the radio status info on the display when the radio is under client control. (Volts, Amps, Temps, Fan RPM’s, SWR, Ect...) at least until Multi-Client is available.
  • Jeffrey Kerber, N3VE
    Jeffrey Kerber, N3VE Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018

I wish there was a time out for a screen saver or monitor off.  Bill, I have three weeks to see if I will keep this and not sell my 6700.  I will play radio every night so I can make up my mind.

Thanks,

Jeff 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.