Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Received tracking number this afternoon I think things have shifted into a high gear

2»

Comments

• Stephen Hawkins NG0G
    Stephen Hawkins NG0G Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Yes I hooked it up right away.    The box sitting on top of the amp in the above photo is an external QSK-5, that lets me do full break-in CW without the relays in the amp clattering away.    The coax from the radio and the keying line from the radio go to it.  A short coax goes from it to the amp input.  I ran the exact same set up with my Yaesu since 2010 when I bought both the AMP and the QSK-5

• KB4OIF
    KB4OIF Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    I am running a ALS 600S and I have the ARI-500 interface.  Cable that hooks to the amp and the 7300.  They (Tim) said once I get the Flex put out a request for info.  

Ok.  thanks Mike W.
  • Jd Dupuy
    Jd Dupuy Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    I love it. Snapping pics of the UPS guy carrying your **** box to the door. Lol!
  • KB4OIF
    KB4OIF Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Just reread mike's comment, so MY 6400M might not be coming in May.  that brings a smile to this old man's face.
  • KB4OIF
    KB4OIF Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Just reread mike's comment, so MY 6400M might not be coming in May.  that brings a smile to this old man's face.
  • KB4OIF
    KB4OIF Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Just to make sure I am thinking the right way Mike W.  does that mean I am still on track for late March early April for my 6400M with tuner.  
  • Stephen Hawkins NG0G
    Stephen Hawkins NG0G Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Kudos to FlexRadio.  I am having so much fun with the 6400M that it will most likely take a crew, praying in shifts 24/7 to ask for my redemption.
  • Brad A. Steffler
    Brad A. Steffler Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    For John, KB4OIF;

I live about 110 miles from you, about 2 hours on I-10. I will be looking for your  6400m signal on band of your choice. I should have my Steppir DB 18E AND my 160/80 meter loop finished by the time you get your Flex. I run a 6700 and I am awaiting my PG XL with somewhat bated breath since I am QRT until I get the new antennas finished. Should be finished my mid to late April.

Apropos the snow: I am a native Texan from Houston but my wife is from 
    Rockford, IL  and Basking Ridge NJ. When I asked her if she was interested in moving north where we could be near relatives in New York or Ohio, she replied that she would live anywhere in the north as long as it was south of the Alabama-Tennessee border because she was FINISHED driving in the snow or shoveling it.

So we live in Mobile, AL which is a lot cooler than Houston and a lot warmer than Rockford, IL!

Brad
    KE4XJ
  • KB4OIF
    KB4OIF Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    I am very anxious to get my flex.  My first flex.  Trying to learn as much as i can before it gets here.   I am originally from SW Pa.  My father was a coal miner there.  when i retired from the Air force I said i was going where it does not snow.  like your wife I hate driving in it.  

The only antenna I have up now is a 6 -80 meter Carolina windom at 38 feet.  I have a ZS6BKW that I want to get up and a vertical.   Will listen for you on the air. I hang out on 7.192 Nightwatch net in the evenings.  Country hams net 7.222 in the mornings

KB4OIF
    John

• Brad A. Steffler
    Brad A. Steffler Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    OK John, 40 meters it is. Late April, early May.

Brad
    KE4XJ

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.