Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Long live version 2.0.19 !!!!!

Options
IK6DLK Fabrizio
edited November 2018 in SmartSDR for Windows
I have in Flex-6500 with Maestro, I have followed all the updates up to 2.1.32, getting more and more, strange noises during the tuning annoying crackles, even when stopped on a frequency. I tried without: Maestro, no WiFi, direct connection, nothing. Not remembering all these strange noises I came back with the versions to 2.0.19 almost all the noises have disappeared my ears are reborn .....
Why this worsening?

Answers

• John G3WGV
    John G3WGV Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Options
    I believe these crackles happen when an audio packet is lost, most likely because the radio's processor was too busy doing other things. That would explain why the problem is more noticeable when tuning - there's a lot of processor intensive stuff going on. This effect was rather noticeable a couple of years ago then a new version came out that significantly improved matters. It seems to be getting worse again with recent versions. I am sure that Flex is well aware but perhaps we should raise a ticket?

73, John, G3WGV (also using a 6500)
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Fabrizio - Since your report rules out the network being an issue, I have added your report to our bug tracker as issue #6057 so the engineering team can investigate.
  • Lawrence Gray
    Lawrence Gray Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Fabrizio, Txs for posting. I thought that there was something wrong in my shack, since the .32 update. I also rolled back to .19 and all seems well. This is the first time I have had an issue with an update. Since rolling back, no more disconnects or unexpected noises. Larry, W1IZZ
  • mikeatthebeach .
    mikeatthebeach . Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Hope their new radio's to ship have 2.0.19 in them
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Either way, any new up date will be available for download.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.