Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

No option to choose WIFI or KAN on Maestro

AH0U
AH0U Member
At home connected to LAN Maestro connects to WIFI or both... WIFI is poor signal but Maestro does not give option to chose the Cat5 LAN which is very good

Answers

• Al K0VM
    Al K0VM Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    In the Maestro WiFi chooser you have the option of telling Maesto to 'Forget'  unuseable  wifi signals
    AL, K0VM
  • AH0U
    AH0U Member
    edited June 2019
    Where is this Naestro chooser??
  • Al K0VM
    Al K0VM Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Maestro:  select Menu>Network>Wifi setting...  Maestro will disconnect and reset and bring up 'choose a wifi network'.  select the wifi you wish to ignore and then select forget....
    Then instead of choosing another wifi, select Radio> in the upper right corner..

AL, K0VM
  • AH0U
    AH0U Member
    edited June 2019
    I’ll try thisTnx...
  • AH0U
    AH0U Member
    edited June 2019
    Since you seem to have a handle on this, everything in the shack is on CAT5 cable and show solid green full scale signal except the Maestro... I can change it to another cable and it still shows a strong signal for a minute then will rapidly shift to no signal... put something else on the ... any ideas on this??same cable and it’s full scale and the Maestro is the only thing on the network
  • Al K0VM
    Al K0VM Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Some  of the networking stuff is still a mystery to me too..
    The green bars in Maestro indicate signal quality not signal strength..

If your running only on CAT5, the Menu>Network page under Maestro should show only ethernet IP and MAC.. The wifi lines should be blank.

Look at the diagnostics status and drop out rate.. I usually runabout 4-6 dropouts per million.

There is some dependence on the age/quality/firmware of  the network router/switch.  Flex can stress the network in ways that most computer users will never notice. You may need to try a different network switch/router.

You may wish to see how it runs with a direct Ethernet connection from the radio  to Maestro. 

You should reboot both the radio the Maestro after each network reconfiguration..

AL, K0VM
  • AH0U
    AH0U Member
    edited June 2019
    Tnx... I appreciate your input... at 75 been on the for 60 years and think in terms of Valiant and 75A4... this computer stuff is a foreign language to me hi hi
  • Al K0VM
    Al K0VM Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Also 75, licensed in 59  KN0VQM
    AL, K0VM

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.