Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

iOS SSDR freezing

Burch - K4QXX
Burch - K4QXX Member ✭✭
edited March 2019 in SmartSDR for iOS
When I use my iPhone SSDR app, the audio and waterfall will stop constantly.  Sometimes the audio and waterfall will start right back up and sometimes it takes 15-20 seconds for it to start up again.  It does this using Smarklink or using a VPN connection.  However, if I quickly tap the PTT button, the audo and waterfall start up again.  I find myself constantly having to give the PTT a quick tap to be able to use the iPhone.  I don't beleive I have this issue via the local Wifi at my house so I am assuming it has something to do with AT&T cell service.  Does anyone else see this kind of behavior?

Burch

Comments

• Mack
    Mack Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    I use the iOS app on AT&T across the US and in more than 30 countries annually. Zero issues when I have one or two bars on my iPhone X or iPad Pro. Have you tried enabling the low bandwidth connection in the SSDR iOS app? Mack W4AX Alpha Team
  • Burch - K4QXX
    Burch - K4QXX Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    I already have it set to low bandwidth.  I have this issue even with 5 bars of signal.
  • Eric-KE5DTO
    Eric-KE5DTO Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited February 2018
    Burch,

What is your upload limit on the radio's network (home)?  I suspect that it may be struggling to provide regular updates for the requested resources (Panadapters and Waterfalls) given the available bandwidth.
  • Burch - K4QXX
    Burch - K4QXX Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    I have 75 upload and 75 download for internet (FIOS). I regulary use my Mac remotely running DogparkSDR using xDax and xCat with no issues.  I only have the issue running iOS.  I can also run SSDR with Dax and Cat via VPN from remote locations just fine.  It's like the app gets hung up until I tap the PTT.  I have tried deleting the app and reinstalling but I still have the issue.

Burch
    K4QXX

• Eric-KE5DTO
    Eric-KE5DTO Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited February 2018
    Ahh.  OK.  That should be plenty of bandwidth.  It does sound like something related to the phone or app then as opposed to something on the radio side.
  • Burch - K4QXX
    Burch - K4QXX Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    I guess I can try installing on my wife's iPhone.  She uses a different carrier (verizon).  
  • David Marotti
    David Marotti Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    I have Verizon and never had that issue.  Works very well.  I'd be interested to hear your results.

• Burch - K4QXX
    Burch - K4QXX Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    I haven't tried my wife's verizon iPhone yet but I used the iOS app this morning at work and used our wifi.  The wifi here isn't great but I was having the same issue with having to hit the PTT to get the panafall and audio back.  I also brought my Macbook Pro with Dogpark and ran it for about 10 minutes on 40 meters.  With the exception of maybe 2 or 3 brief audio drops during the 10 minutes I had it on, DogparkSDR was smooth and worked great.  So at minimum it's something with my phone.  

Burch
    K4QXX

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.