Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Transverter 144 + 432 + Flex6500

EA4AYW
EA4AYW Member
edited May 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
Best regards to all.
I recently purchased 2 trasverter. one for 144 and another for 432 of the Trasverter-store house.
I already have them mounted on a metal chassis with heat dissipation.

I would like to ask the following:
in the smartsdr, in the TX section of the Radio Setup.
there are some boxes that correspond to the ptt output of the flex.

currently I have connected the amplifier to pin11 of db9
and transvert them to the RCA TX1 and RCA TX2.
The problem I see is that every time I step on the PTT, the two transverters are switched.
there is some way to tell you that for example the RCA TX1 corresponds to the 144 transverter
and RCA TX2 with the 432 transverter.

in such a way that when I put myself in the band I need, I put in tx the corresponding transverter.

I do not know if you explain.

Greetings and thank you.

Answers

• Larry _ NY8T
    Larry _ NY8T Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Transmit profiles store RCA TX settings, create one for 144 with the proper RCA TX setting and one for 432 with the proper RCA TX setting. I change bands with global profiles i created for each band and/or mode that may have special settings like bandwidths for digital modes. Global profiles can have transmit and mic profiles you created attached to them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32tPr1hF7Ys
  • Ken Hansen
    Ken Hansen Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018

I think you'll have to turn off the transverter you aren't using, so that it won't transmit when you key up the other transverter.

For example, when using the 144 MHz transverter, disconnect power to the 430 MHz transverter, and vice versa.

You may be able to store two different profiles, one when the 144 MHz transverter is in use, the other when the 430 MHz transverter is in use, but you'll still want to have a switch to connect power to only one transverter at a time.

This is my guess - I have not tried the above - but what you are trying to do is connect two transverters to one transverter connection, and that is causing a problem.

• KENT HUFFORD
    KENT HUFFORD Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    I had a 6500 and have the same two transverters. As i understand the 6500 will control one at a time. Some have made relay boxes that shift control. I have a 6600 on order that can control two transverters.
  • Charley Snodgrass
    edited February 2018
    I believe the arrows you have above is how much delay you put in the PTT line for each xverter.
    All of the xverters are hooked to the XVTR output/input, in daisy-chain. We have the -6700 and in "series"/daisy-chain, the TVTR hooked to the Down-East-Micro-2-meter amp/pre-amp and the 2 meter antenna hooked to the ANT, the BYPASS is hooked to the Elecraft 432 xverter, (in on IF1 out on IF2).  The IF2 is routed to the 33cm Down East Micro xverter, with the output of that one routed to the input on the 23cm DEM xverter. 
    Whichever the first one in the sequence is powered up uses the 28MHz (or 144MHz) signal from the Flex and all PTT are hooked in parallel - which does not matter to the units that are turned off.

• EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    The quick answer is NO. You cannot associate TX Rca ports to specific band or frequency ranges. What Larry W8LLL suggested about global profiles is your only option.
  • Jd Dupuy
    Jd Dupuy Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    I have been using 2 of these to move 8 transverters to the transmitter for the past 8 years . Includes moving PTT. http://shop.kuhne-electronic.de/kuhne/en/shop/converter-transverte/transverter/TR6SW++switch+unit/?c...

• Sergey R5AU
    Sergey R5AU Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    I have been using 3 transverters by DEMI, TX by band with USB cable connected to the my 6700
  • Rob G6EIH
    Rob G6EIH Member
    edited February 2018
    Same here, work great and you don't need to remember to switch profiles every time the transverter is swapped.
  • Sergey R5AU
    Sergey R5AU Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Yeah Rob, i guess this is a best solution for TX automation and expecially with DEMI (all my transverters are with sequencers) in that case not necessary any other HW 
  • Sergey R5AU
    Sergey R5AU Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    JD, TR6SW is a good device however for ANT switching only, in case remote power for LNA or sequencer add-on, probably this one http://www.ssbusa.com/seqcon.html could be reviewed as well  but for TX -> via USB cable 
  • Jd Dupuy
    Jd Dupuy Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Sergy, the way I read his post is that he just wants to be able to choose between 2 different transverters. I use sequencers too here also. Last count 8 total to handle LNAs and amps etc.  I use these. http://www.w6pql.com/amplifier_control_board.htm

• Jd Dupuy
    Jd Dupuy Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Build one of these in one afternoon. http://www.w6pql.com/automatic_transverter_interface.htm

• EA4AYW
    EA4AYW Member
    edited May 2020
    Thank you very much everyone for the responses.
    It has already become clear to me more or less.
    The only way to do it without additional hardware is through profiles or as a decision, turning off one and lighting the other.
    at the moment I have prepared a box with a relay to switch the output of the transverter of the flex to the two transverse the one of 144 and the one of 432, by means of a switch.

This will be until the Flex6600 goes on sale in Europe.
    Which will buy and I will have solved this problem.
    a greeting and thanks for the info.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.