Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Error Communicating with Maestri v.20.19

Tom WM0L
Tom WM0L Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in Maestro
Setup a new Maestro out of the box with Flex 6700 using version 2.0.19.
Everything going well using startup guide.  Maestro seemed to get thru the version 2.0.19 update ok.  Using Flex and Maestro on same switch down stream from router.  I do not get spectrum display but audio and tuning works..

I get this error screen

Answers

• Bob - W7KWS -
    Bob - W7KWS - Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Tom,  Take a look at my Community post linked below to see if your problem is similar.  If so, you can follow all of the links in the posts to get a lot more information.

https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/update-maestro-fails-to-connect-to-6xxx-via-interne...

• Tom WM0L
    Tom WM0L Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    I read your post before posting my question. The only difference is I am inside my lan where the 6700 is located.. is this still an issue inside the lan? I have had no issues using v2.0.19 on My Ios or windows devices running WAN All other devices work in the lan. I just want to get the darn thing working. Not planning to go remote with it... Just need to match my 6700 software.
  • Bob - W7KWS -
    Bob - W7KWS - Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Probably not the same issue then. Best regards!
  • Tom WM0L
    Tom WM0L Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I will start a ticket
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited January 2018
    Definitely start a Help Desk ticket. You mention the Maesto is on a switch via Ethernet? Are you using a battery to power the Maestro, external 12 volts, or the included brick supply? If you are on battery that can be a problem as I do not believe Ethernet is supported when using a battery. Remove the battery (if you installed one) and remove the Ethernet cable. While it is on ho D the power button down. Continue to hold it past where it says slide down to shutdown. Continue to hold it for about 30 seconds after the screen goes black to do a full shutdown. Next power it up with the brick power supply that was included with the Maestro (no battery, no Ethernet). See if it works on WiFi. If it does then shut it down and plug the Ethernet cable in and try booting up. Dave wo2x
  • Tom WM0L
    Tom WM0L Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Returning Maestro to Flex Radio.   They think something came loose during shipment.

• Tom WM0L
    Tom WM0L Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Unit is on it's way back from FlexRadio. They reset connector (s) and unit works.. They suggested the unit went under rough shipping conditions.. I wonder if FlexRadio has considered shipping the Maestro in another box with packing. Considering it’s high price tag.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.