Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Is there ANY software that can map hotkeys to control SSDR?

Roy Laufer
Roy Laufer Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
I just got an Elgato Stream Deck 15 keypad controller with multiple subdirectories accessible and each key can change its label image on the fly!

It would be great if I could find some way to map hotkeys for most SSDR features so that I can use my new Stream Deck better.

FRStack does some things, like rotate active slices to the next one, or swapping any slice to slice "A".

I would prefer MORE options (activate slice "H" with one press when "A" is active).

Anyone know of software with a more "granular" hotkey level interface?????

Thanks!

Roy AC2GS

Answers

• KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    DDUTIL allows you to map Macros to a Genovation keypad. Don’t know if it will work with your pad.
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Do you guys know how to map a change in the RX antenna on DDUtil? I can't figure it out. Don't mean to hijack your thread Roy, just thought that it might be a related question to this thread.

I think keyboard customizable hot keys would be a very welcome feature for SmartSDR for Win.
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Doesn’t FRstacks do that?
  • Roy Laufer
    Roy Laufer Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    First, Salvador you can "hijack my thread" any time that you would like <grin>!

Second I have DDUTIL AND the Genovation keypad - it is rather clunky and a couple of "paradigm shifts" backward from the flexibility of my new Elgato Stream Deck.

Unfortunately DDUTIL "hardwires" a very small selection of macro keypads to solely carry out its macros, so if he coded the Elgato, which he hasn't, it would lock the Elgato out of any other computer-based hotkey controls, which would be a shame.

In addition, DDUTIL only implemented a subset of the SSDRs function (and the documentation is not the clearest for the commands that are implemented).

What I could REALLY use is a minor revision of SSDR that implemented changeable hotkeys for a selectable subset of its many controls.

Failing that, a simple third-party program with a command line method to pass SSDR libcalls. 

FRStack does this, again for a small subset of commands, and someone was working on a Powerscript library call, but that seems to have been abandoned, and what is still posted on Github is not documented with enough examples for me to get up to speed fast enough.

You guys gotta check this little gadget out (the Stream Deck). If you loved those little DJ controllers (I bought one at the time), you'll love this thing, if only someone with some programming chops and the free time necessary to interface it with SSDR could do a little software "magik".

I had the same problem with the late, lamented TMate2, which I need to interface with my N4PY PegasysPlus to access.

I understand that Contesters are king, but FRS needs to show a little love to the average rag chewing guy on the bands.

If it makes them feel at all warm and cuddly, I host two local technical nets in the New York City metropolitan area and extol the virtues of SDR in general and FRS in particular.

So, maybe shine just a bit of that "love" over here?

Vy 73,
    Roy AC2GS

• Roy Laufer
    Roy Laufer Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    No, RIa, it only implements a subset of commands, it will rotate thru all 8 slices, but not go from slice "A" to slice "H" directly.

Someone needs to "open up" all the SSDR libcalls to a command line interface.
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    You can do it command line, radio commands are plain text.
  • Roy Laufer
    Roy Laufer Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Can you suggest any documentation for this ability?

I am unaware of any software with command line capability, except for very limited subsets of functions????????
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited January 2018
    Check out these two pages.

First a link to using macros in DDUtil
    http://k5fr.com/DDUtilV3wiki/index.php?title=Macros 

Second, CAT commands available in DDUtil
    http://k5fr.com/DDUtilV3wiki/index.php?title=CAT

Dave wo2x

• Roy Laufer
    Roy Laufer Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Thanks, I found the first link earlier, but I couldn't find the second link by googling earlier.

I still have the same problem - DDUTIL does not work with my Elgato Stream Deck, and the way that the DDUTIL handles keypads is to commandeer it entirely and make it useless for any other windows based application.

I just need a very simple API command line application that can be tied to something like AutoHotKey, to run API commands.

AutoHotkey has a Windows feature for well-coded Windows-based control buttons, with unique identifiers, but SSDR does not use unique windows identifiers, so that option isn't available to me.
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited January 2018
    DDUTil needs to use a Genovation keypad that is either the serial model (using a physical com port) or the usb model which creates its own com port. That is necessary to keep the keypad focus to DDUtil all the time. I use a Genovation keypad and being able to have macros (either single or stacked) on a dedicated button is nice. Dave wo2x
  • Roy Laufer
    Roy Laufer Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    But having it on a non-dedicated keypad capable of infinite nested commands with a full-color key legend that is software changeable would be SOOOOO much better <grin>!

Yeah, I can drive a Yugo, but a BMW would be MUCH more fun!
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    DD6RXA Slice Rx antenna Form: DD6RXA P1 P2 P3 ; Parm: P1 = Slice to set Rx antenna for (0-7) Parm: P2 = Separator (1 char {':' recommended}) Parm: P3 = Rx antenna to set (0-4 {ANT1, ANT2, RX_A, RX_B, XVTR}) Uses: DD6RXA0:2; Sets Slice A Rx Ant to RX_A Great. Thanks David.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.