Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Thank you for the terrific update, Gerald!

Brad A. Steffler
Brad A. Steffler Member ✭✭
edited January 2018 in Power Genius XL Amplifier
imageFlexRadio Systems
image Dear Valued Customer,

Happy New Year!

Now that we have the holidays behind us we are glad to have our team back in full force.  As stated in my last communication on December 23rd, we recently expanded the PowerGenius XL field test group.  The testers got in a lot of on-air experience with the product over the holidays in a broad set of station configurations and operating conditions.  This has given us the feedback we needed to address any remaining software/firmware tweaks before broader shipment.  We expect to wrap up those details soon so that we can begin contacting customers to complete orders for the next wave of shipments.  

As you are all aware, those who pre-ordered a Power Genius XL prior to the end of 2017 are entitled to a free Tuner Genius. We now have additional specifications to share with you which can be found below. Based on feedback from many customers we have decided to provide you with an alternative item for those who are working with resonant antennas. We are now allowing Power Genius pre-order customers the option to choose between a free Tuner Genius OR a free Antenna Genius 8x2 switch. We will take your interest as we reach out to you regarding shipment of your amplifier.

TUNER GENIUS SPEC
  • 2000W
  • Matching SWR range minimum 1:3
  • LAN/CAT controlled
  • Auto, semi auto and manual tune modes
  • Can be used and controlled directly with Power Genius
  • Can be controlled from the Windows Application as a standalone device
  • 3 antenna outputs
  • Has 4 relay outputs controllable from App (optional)
We thought you might like to hear directly from some of those who are putting their new PowerGenius XL through the paces.  From their experience we know you will agree that it was worth the wait.

" I have had several amps in the N2RJ shack, and now the Power Genius XL. I can say hands down that none of them are even close to the PG XL. I can run this amp at 1.5kw on high duty cycle digital modes all day long without any issues whatsoever. Lightning fast SWR protection protects all of my antennas and switching gear, and the one cable LAN interfacing with the Flex-6700 makes wiring a snap. No custom cables to solder up, just plug it in and go. I have earned 160m DXCC and worked new entities in Asia and Oceania with the help of this amplifier. Often while operating remotely with SmartLink! Not to mention contesting with SO2R in one amp and transceiver is amazing! Kudos to the FlexRadio and 4O3A signature team. They have a winner here for sure.

Ria
N2RJ "

" I had the pleasure of testing the Flex 6600-M/Power Genius XL amplifier at the highest competitive level during the ARRL RTTY roundup 2018.  It took me about 20 minutes to bring the entire SO2R setup, including the transceiver and lightweight amplifier into the N6RO superstation from my truck, plug it in to power and LAN and start my pre contest checks, it was literally plug and play.  In competition,  The FLEX-6600M and Power Genius XL combination handled the demanding load of full legal limit SO2R RTTY at top competitive duty cycles without a single hiccup for the entire contest!  The integration of Smart SDR 2.X/SmartSDR-M and Power Genius worked very well, allowing LAN based keying of the amp, and full band/mode control from the FLEX-6600M. Because of this LAN based control, and the Power Genius XL control/meter application, I was able to move the amp outside of the operating area, It can even be in a different room!
The easy setup and full integration  of the FLEX-6600M and Power Genius XL allowed me to keep my focus on operating SO2R, producing one of the highest world scores in my operating category.  The FLEX-6600M touch panel display and control interface worked great, and the display was sharp and easy to look at.   I had loads of fun competing with this setup.  Bottom line, 1 transceiver, 1 amplifier, operating full SO2R, transmitting on band A while listening on band B, and vice versa, even dualing cq's!  Congratulations to FlexRadio and 4O3A for advancing the art of SO2R RTTY contesting to a new level.  This setup blew me away with amazement.. not an easy thing to do!  This is game changing technology, and upon its release the flex contesting community is in for a treat.

Chris Tate
N6WM
Contester
VP/Contest Chairman, NCCC
Flex Radio Systems Community Contesting Champion "

" I have the good fortune to be one of the Power Genius amplifier (PGXL) alpha test team.  I have had the amplifier in m shack for a couple of weeks now and am simply blown away by its capabilities.  A marvel of amplifier technology, the PGXL delivers full period SO2R operations for the avid contester.  It has the power supply and RF deck overhead to loaf along at 1500 watts output without a hitch.  Just turn on the PGXL and then forget it is even there while you work the contest.  How cool is that?

I am also privileged to be a member of the Alpha Test team for the PGXL and have been working closely with the development teams at Flex Radio and 4O3A to find and improve the operating software.  I can't wait to see what the PGXL evolves into over time.

Bill Axelrod, K3WA "

" I will say that for me using my Maestro and Flex 6700 in combo with the Flex PGXL amplifier is a remote operators dream.  Love the ability to quickly move around the Bands with this 1500 watt + transceiver regardless of Mode of operation.
Regards
Larry  K1UO "

Thank you again for your amazing support of FlexRadio!

image 73,

Gerald
K5SDR

**************************************************************************************************
Thanks again.

imageBrad
KE4XJ

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.