Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Maestro fails to key the 6500 in CW

After a year of waiting, I finally got enough internet speed at my remote location to use the Maestro to function with the 6500 over the internet.  Made about 6 CW contacts and went to watch TV and left the Maestro on to make sure it would continue to work, as well as see how many dropped packets occurred over a 3 hour period(only 0.01%).  When I came back, 3 hours later, the keyer was not responding to the key.  I rebooted the Maestro and the keyer started responding, but the 6500 would not go into the transmit mode.  I checked the break-in toggle switch and it was properly ENABLED, but no break-in was occurring.  I pushed the TUNE button on the Maestro and it did put the 6500 into the transmit mode.  Tried using the B VFO to transmit CW but that did not work either.  All the RX functions seemed to work fine.  I did not go out to the remote location to reboot the 6500, but I will do that tomorrow.  In the meantime, does anyone have any ideas to try from the Maestro side.  It concerns me that the keyer in the Maestro did not key until I rebooted the Maestro, and after that, the CW break-in did not key the remote 6500.

Also, is there a way to turn the remote 6500 on and off from the Maestro, or would that require an IP addressable AC switch at  the remote location?

Comments

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.