Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

TX enabled but will not key PA in smart link remote

Kari Gustafsson SM0HRP
Kari Gustafsson SM0HRP Member ✭✭
edited November 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
TX is enables on all outputs (1,2 and 3) and still I can not the 6700  get to key my PA in CW (or CWX) it when running smart link remote. What am I missing? 
When running over 4G Smart Link it works when close to my remote QTH but not 120 km away no way.
Is there something in Smart Link that affects TX signalling? everything else works as it should...

Answers

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited October 2017
    There isn't anything SmartLink specific that would cause this behavior.
  • Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Have you tried comparing this problem when using a VPN without Smartlink? VPN on iOS is easy to set up with Softether.
  • Kari Gustafsson SM0HRP
    edited January 2019
    No I have not yet. The radio is on a remote island so I need some time... But I never had the problem using VPN though.
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Make sure the keying line(s) is/are enabled in SmartSDR. It's under setup. As Tim said - this isn't SmartLink specific but you could be on another profile that isn't set up properly 
  • Kari Gustafsson SM0HRP
    edited January 2019
    Hi Ria, They are enabled correctly - all of them TX1 to TX3. Still TX1 will not key the PA. I remember seeing a thread where this was discussed some time ago.
    Before I left my remote QTH I pressed tune button on Smart SDR windows on my remote PC and I could key 6700 to enable TX1 so that it keyed PA full output. As a precaution I tested the set up with another PC connecting to the remote 6700 over 4G and I could key the PA.   Then when I got home and tested the same thing over smart link I could not key the PA anymore. In all cases same TX profile. 
    When you send CW over CWX I assume all TX 1-3 (if they are enabled) are sending the CW to key any PA connected to TX1 or 2 or 3. Or? 
    Is there anyway to check remotely if TX1 is actually enabled? 
    Sorry now 3C0L is on 160 m and I wanted to work them ...:(  
  • Kari Gustafsson SM0HRP
    edited January 2019
    I just found the cause for it.My own mistake - the amplifier did not get the band data from 6700 and could not communicate with the Flex. Sorry for my ignorance....
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited October 2017
    No problem.  It happens to the best of us.  73

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.