Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.
SmartSDR v3.1.12 and the SmartSDR v3.1.12 Release Notes. | SmartSDR v2.6.2 and the SmartSDR v2.6.2 Release Notes.
SmartSDR v1.12.1 and the SmartSDR v1.12.1 Release Notes. | Power Genius XL Firmware v3.4.16. | Power Genius XL Utility v2.2.10.
flex 6500 direct control of SPE 2k-FA
The Flex 6500 connects to my PC by an Ethernet cable. The Flex rear panel USB connections are not
The 2k-FA has 2 cables:
1. USB cable from 2k-FA rear panel to pc USB receptacle, and
2. A proper DB15 to DB9 cable to a FTDI chip conversion of RS232 to USB and then to pc USB receptacle.
The SPE software “Term-2k-USB.exe” controls the 2k-FA as expected but frequency / band information is not passed from Flex to 2k-FA without performing a Flex Tune to utilize the 2k-FA internal frequency counter to jump to the proper band.
How do I get the 2k-FA to automatically follow the flex changes in bands, without having to initiate a Flex tune?
Do I need to use the Flex rear panel USB receptacles, with a USB cable from Flex to the pc? Or, the Flex USB to “USB – RS232 FTDI chip conversion to DB15 connector” cable directly to the CAT port of the 2k-FA?
Thanks for any advice.Mike, K6DRY
Leave a Comment
- 49 Community Topics
- 1.9K New Ideas
- 90 The Flea Market
- 5.2K Software
- 4.8K SmartSDR for Windows
- 20 SmartSDR for Maestro and M models
- 56 SmartSDR for Mac
- 132 SmartSDR for iOS
- 139 SmartSDR CAT
- 53 DAX
- 271 SmartSDR API
- 6.9K Radios and Accessories
- 5.6K FLEX-6000 Signature Series
- 537 Maestro
- 9 FlexControl
- 698 FLEX Series (Legacy) Radios
- 122 Power Genius Products
- 95 Power Genius XL Amplifier
- 9 Power Genius Utility
- 18 Tuner Genius
- 26 Shack Infrastructure
- 9 Networking
- 59 Remote Operation (SmartLink)
- 40 Contesting
- 85 Peripherals & Station Integration
- 50 Amateur Radio Interests
- 357 Third-Party Software