Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

FLEX-6400(M) & FLEX-6600(M) Update Email

2»

Comments

• K1UO Larry
    K1UO Larry Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    I would look more to November James...Flex has got Amplifiers due out later this month also :)
  • James Whiteway
    edited October 2017
    True. But, different factories building the amps and radios.
  • K1UO Larry
    K1UO Larry Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    True..But, they are all being distributed from Austin.
  • KS0CW
    KS0CW Member ✭✭
    edited October 2017
    was that a question or a statement... 
  • James Whiteway
    edited October 2017
    Flex rep at Belton said today that the amps would not ship first. That there might be a slight wait for some needed parts to show up at the factory. But, the M model radios were on track for delivery like the newsletter stated. And the amps would/should, follow shortly.

• Mark Whatley
    Mark Whatley Member
    edited June 2020

I got on the list for a 6600 and the amp the day after I got back from Dayton. I have never received either of the update messages that are shown in this thread. At one point I emailed Flex and got verification that I was, indeed, on the list. I've gone back and checked all my deleted mail as well as the spam folder. Nothing.

My email address has remained the same during this time frame and I believe that I verified it when I contacted Flex a few months ago to make sure I was on the list.

I'm afraid I'll miss the notice that my stuff is ready!

Anyone else missing these announcements?

Mark K5XH

• Cal  N3CAL
    Cal N3CAL Member ✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Same issue here as you Mark. I also sent my 6500 in as a trade up. I’m concerned I will also be overlooked. Nothing in way of updates received. Cal / N3CAL
  • Lionel
    Lionel Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I finally got the two month ago e-mail on 10/2 after sending an e-mail asking for order confirmation and update based upon concerns posted by others in this thread. 

Now I see another post from Rich McCabe over Gerald's signature that is from two days ago.   I did not receive any e-mail containing this latest.   I wish I knew why.  I'd like to receive these updates. 

I do have a copy of my 10/2 e-mail to Flex (sales@flexradio.com) and assume based on that and their reputation that my order will be honored in the order received.   My account page does show the order properly.  FR did confirm my 6400 order the was placed  on 9/2. 

A larger concern is missing the Flex e-mail requesting the balance of payment and subsequently having it inadvertently canceled.   They have my cell number so I assume it will all work out.  I'm going with that concept.

I think they may be a bit overwhelmed by demand and anyway my expectation is for 1Q18 or so delivery.  So, patience. 
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    When I ordered my 6500 several years ago, Matt was busy on the phone calling the "pre-orders" to confirm their desire to complete their order and also to check that their credit card information was current.

My assumption is that they would not leave this large a purchase up to the flakey-ness of the current email system.  Stuff gets lost in my spamfile all the time -- even stuff from contacts that made it through just fine last week!

But just to make sure, you may want to investigate how to add them to your whitelist of approved email addresses.
  • Lionel
    Lionel Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Ken, you are absolutely correct and I will do this right now.  Thanks - duh as I thunk my head with a bug.   Thud. 
  • Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    I am surprised we never heard anything back from alpha testers. Last I heard was they were being shipped to them. No follow up on bugs to work out etc. Must have went OK as Gerald is talking about shipping in 3 weeks.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited October 2017
    They are not allowed to share detailed testing information publicly. 
  • Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Yea I realize that but I know when version 2 was coming to completion we heard "very close" on several occasion from testers. Not a peep this time.
  • Matt-KD5FGE
    Matt-KD5FGE FlexRadio Employee ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    If you did not receive the most recent update but were expecting to, please email us at sales@flexradio.com and we will take care of it.

Thank you!
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited October 2017
    They commented after permission was granted.
  • Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Makes sense. Just nice to know how things are going.  Gerald's email did not say much. Thanks for update Tim.

• KC9EI - Dave
    KC9EI - Dave Member ✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Nor have I.

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited October 2017
    Give sales a call Monday to make sure they have your correct contact info for product updates.

Dave wo2x
  • KC9EI - Dave
    KC9EI - Dave Member ✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Matt took care of me and I'm good now. Thank you Matt.

• Bill Garfield W1BG
    edited October 2017
    I was told the same thing at Belton (Oct 6), they expect to begin shipping the last week of Oct and throughout Nov for the 1st production run.  They didn't say what the order cutoff date was in order to be included in the first production run, but I'm fairly optimistic, as I ordered in June. They also said orders being written now would be in the 2nd production run & likely to ship in Feb, pretty much echoing what the email said.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.