Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

CW side tone remote without SSDR CWX

Andy M5ZAP
Andy M5ZAP Member
edited January 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
Hi Setting up smart link and N1MM to operate contests remotely I have come up against the often talked about problem of no sidetone remote unless you use SSDR and CWX together. If I use N1MM and it's winkeyer or to send Asc code to the flex there is no sidetone, which is as expected. This is obviously a rather large deficiency if I want to contest remotely and use logging software to generate the cw (i.e. A Normal Contest setup) I would go so far as to say it makes smart link currently unsuitable for remote contesting on its own. As a work around I have setup "mumble" a low bandwidth tuneable audio communication app on my PC which is local to the flex and input the flex audio speaker out into the souncard and via the app to the remote pc. It works quite well but requires a PC to be left on and configured with the flex. Is there a plan to allow CW sidetone to be transmitted via remote audio for this purpose. It doesn't need to have perfect latency just let you know that the transmission has occurred. ( I know it would be useless for sending via key when local with audio set to remote due to the latency messing your head up) I will post in the N1MM group and ask if there is a plan to have the winkeyer within N1MM produce a local phantom sidetone. Any comments , suggestions or more elegant solutions would be gratefully received.

Answers

• Ken W6XB
    Ken W6XB Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    I agree and would also like to hear the CW sidetone.  Shouldn't that be an easy fix for Flex in software?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.