Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

remote with 6500

Jeff Griffin
Jeff Griffin Member ✭✭
Is there a way to remote into my 6500 with a computer at the remote site, but just the 6500 at the local. I'm using the latest ver of SmartSDR.

73 Jeff kb2m

Answers

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited August 2017
    I do not understand the question.  SmartLink will allow you to access the radio over the Internet with a PC running SmartSDR or Maestro running version 2.0 or greater.  You can use the same PC and Maestro to access your radio on the local LAN too.
  • K9DUR
    K9DUR Member ✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Jeff,

If I understand your question, then the answer is "Yes".  All you have to do is run SmartSDR v2.x on the computer at the remote site and connect via SmartLink.

73, Ray, K9DUR
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Jeff, Your confusion may be in that you must have internet, a computer, and physical access to your rig at the local site in order to REGISTER your rig to run remotely with Smartlink and V.2.0.  

But once you have registered it properly, all you need is your rig, connected to the internet....That is what all the hype is about with the V.2.0 Smartlink upgrade...

Unless you need to remote control your antenna rotor, and some other things that require a local computer to run...

Ken - NM9P
  • Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited August 2017

It's always good to have a remote computer for remoting all the other "goodies." There is a Chinese company called Hystou that makes fanless PC's that consume only 12 Watts. They are ideal for stand-alone remoting as they can run 24/7. I use Windows 7 so I am not getting those **** updates every hour.

Jim, K6QE

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.