Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex 6300 V2 Possible Bug

Philip KA4KOE
Philip KA4KOE Member ✭✭
edited November 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
I've just installed V2 on my 6300. Has anyone noticed that the antenna preamp causes artifacts across the receive spectrum, even on 6m? I haven't had this issue before. Is this a bug or operator error on my part?

See URL at:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdIKY_n3_U4

Fleep
KA4KOE

Comments

• Delbert McCord
    Delbert McCord Member ✭✭
    edited August 2017
    How do you like the new software? I ask because I am thinking of buying it. I also have a 6300.
  • Philip KA4KOE
    Philip KA4KOE Member ✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Too soon to tell. I just got it loaded up and noticed this odd situation.
  • Philip KA4KOE
    Philip KA4KOE Member ✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Correction. Not noticing on 6m.
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    I've seen that on all radios. Basically the preamp is not really for HF use, it's more for the higher bands like 6m and even 10m.

• Philip KA4KOE
    Philip KA4KOE Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Delbert....I'm going to have to brush up on networking and reconfigure mine as Smartlink needs specific ports. Needless to say, I'm not a network guru by a long stretch of the imagination.

• Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    I'll help you so we can talk about clowntesting by the Anti Radio Relay League. lol
  • Delbert McCord
    Delbert McCord Member ✭✭
    edited August 2017
    OK Thanks, if I would have to get into routers and forward ports (like Echo Link) I think I can live without it haha!

• K5CG
    K5CG Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Are these spikes present when you disconnect the antenna? Switch to a non-used input? Do you have another radio/spectrum analyzer to verify if these signals are really there?
  • Sergey R5AU
    Sergey R5AU Member ✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Philip, your radio overloaded with strong signals and you can see on the spectrum plenty of interference signals. Important thing is to have right answer on the question: shall I use Preamp on this band/freq ?  You know, in case you noise level after antenna connection popping up (ex 10db) this is indication of the dynamic range limitation from down by noise. in such cases you should not use Preamp but ATT will be a right choice. In case strong signals location out of band, you should used additional preselector in case available.
  • Philip KA4KOE
    Philip KA4KOE Member ✭✭
    edited August 2017
    I think it was a fluke on my part. The install seems stable.
  • k0eoo
    k0eoo Member ✭✭
    edited August 2017
    LOL....
  • Gary L. Robinson
    Gary L. Robinson Member ✭✭
    edited August 2017
    I have been using the Ant preamp on 15mtrs with good results and it make a good difference.  I don't have any nearby overloading signals though.  It appears to actually lower my noise floor by 1/2 S Unit too.
  • Gary L. Robinson
    Gary L. Robinson Member ✭✭
    edited August 2017
    I forgot to say that I am still using latest 1.x SmartSDR ...
  • Philip KA4KOE
    Philip KA4KOE Member ✭✭
    edited August 2017
    You know, I did just double the height of my antenna......this makes sense.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited August 2017
    Not implemented.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.