Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Rroute audio through pc useing vac "How is This Done"?

I have searched the site and found many references to this but nothing indicating any steps. (proper routing of the audio)

I would like to route the audio from my FLEX-5000 to use my PC speakers.  I know I can do this with
VAC but not sure how? Can anyone let me know how to do this?
The reason for this, is to use the radio in a remote application.

Thank you in advanced!
Larry

Answers

• Paul - K6HR
    Paul - K6HR Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Have you tried turning on the 'monitor' feature on your computer sound card? In Windows open Control Panel>Sound and on the recording tab double click the DAX RX you want to listen to. When the box opens click on the LISTEN tab. You should then see a tick box labeled "Listen to this device". Check this box and your selected DAX RX will play through the PC speakers. HTH.
  • John
    John Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Larry,
    On my f3k, I have setup vac1 as follows setup/audio/vac1/ in flex software
    driver: windows wdm-ks
    input: virtual cable 2
    output: virtual cable 4
    Then you must ensure VAC1 is activated by clicking the VAC1 button on the software button
    whenever you want to use a third part software such as WSJTX , fldigi and so on.

I also installed VAC software ( purchased version and does the switching for you. )
    In the 3rd party software, I had to reverse the input and output audio settings to what it is in the flex software. So, audio input become virtual cable 4 and the audio output becomes virtual cable 2.

If you start vac software control panel, you should see 2 virtual cables activated and one should show audio incoming and if you start fldigi, you should see the waterfall working. If not, check the audio levels in your sound card mixer as they may be too low.

Remote control is another story and I just use my ft897d with its cat connections. Try the digital modes first as you will then be halfway there

John

• Larry Williamson
    Larry Williamson Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Thank you-----------I clicked on Listen to this device and bingo.

Ok, now for the other problem I can't seem to get going, if I link into my station using Parallels Access on my Android device I still CAN NOT
     hear any sound from the radio. I CAN hear the PC sounds but not the audio on the radio.
    I thought if I got the PC speakers hook up hearing the rigs audio then for sure I would be able to hear it the radios audio on the Android.

Some where I am still not routing the rigs audio into the PC (I think)

Again, thanks for your help,

Larry
  • Larry Williamson
    edited July 2017
    Ok--- This is what I stumbled upon!
    The speakers for the Parallels Access sound Controller will not activate until you turn on your remote link. In this case I am using my Android cell phone. Only then will the Speakers icon be activated. I then clicked on it and set it to default --- Bingo

Even though this is a old ancient radio---- I think this information may help others get their remote up and running.
    Now I am hearing every thing on the radio back into the Android device. Now will work on getting the transmit working?

• Darren G7DAZ
    Darren G7DAZ Member
    edited July 2017
    Hi Larry....i gave up trying to get Parallels Access to transmit my audio to/from my Android device...it also needed re-starting more often than not, so i will not be taking out the subscription i intended on doing. So still looking for another solution to Remote Accessing i decided to give the Windows Remote Desktop another go (no successs last time i tried) and followed KE9NS guide and video on setting up RDConnection....Windows must have updated things since i last tried as it "now works a treat" :-) even transmits the audio. So on my home network i can now remote access my 5000a anywhere around my property....i will have to get a "no IP" account if i decide to remote access when not at home. 73 de G7DAZ (Darren)
  • Larry Williamson
    edited July 2017
    Darren,
    That's great news!
    I will check that out also. I was really trying to get Parallels Access up and working but I have yet to be able to transmit (still working on it). But I will also try  RD connection if you say it works.
    Thanks for you input!
    Larry

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.