Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Tuner Genius power supply

Ned K1NJ
Ned K1NJ Member ✭✭
edited August 2020 in Tuner Genius XL

What are the power requirements for the Tuner Genius?

Ned,  K1NJ

Answers

• Tom
    Tom Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Hello Ned,
    While not completely sure, I think I saw a note somewhere that the turner will be powered by coax from PG.
    Looks as a neat solution
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    TBD, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's 12V DC like pretty much every other accessory, including nearly every auto tuner ever made. 
  • Ned K1NJ
    Ned K1NJ Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017

Thanks for replies.  I strongly suspect 12 Volts D.C., just not certain.  Probably fed via
    coax when the control-over-coax feature is added.  I'm planning on placing it at the antenna
    soon after testing, which would mean that I'd have to add a 12v. supply that I can shelter from the
    elements.  I have 115V A.C. at the antenna.  I also wonder about the weather proofing of
    the unit itself.  It has been said that it was designed with at-the-antenna placement in mind.
    But, weather proofing can be tricky.
          I guess my anticipation anxiety is bubbling up a bit.

Ned,  K1NJ

• Steve K9ZW
    Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    @Ned. Most of the Genius lines use nominal 12v DC and along the way an injector was mention/shown to extend for remote locations. All of this may be subject to 4o3a's final revision and I'd not get too worried about planning it until we're shown a close to production prototype. All best and 73 Steve K9ZW
  • Ned K1NJ
    Ned K1NJ Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017

Right you are, Steve.

Thanks,
                               Ned,  K1NJ

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.