Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

2.0 needs to fix the equalizers

DV
DV Member ✭✭
The TX audio equalize on my 6700 is always on when I transmit using my Heil PR 781.  Sometimes I turn on the receive equalizer to fix an incoming stations audio. To do that I have to leave the TX equalizer and click RX on the equalizer.  However, when I transmit again the equalizer is in still in the receive mode and apparently there is no TX equalizing then.  I have to remember to click the TX button on the equalizer when I transmit, which is a burden for each transmission. Why doesn't the EQ track and if it's on RX equalization it should automatically move to TX equalization during transmit? It seems this could be built in the code, or the two equalizers could be made to function independently.

Answers

• Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited June 2017

The Equalizers can be turned "ON" and "OFF". They remain in that state regardless of which of the two equalizers  you are viewing at the time.

Jim, K6QE

• Ed.G
    Ed.G FlexRadio Employee ✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Doug, 

Jim is correct. The TX and RX equalizers are independent of each other but they share the same GUI controls.

If the RX button is blue in the equalizer panel then you are controlling the RX equalizer (any changes made will effect RX equalization). The ON button will be blue if it is enabled. If you then click the TX button you will now be changing TX equalization controls. Any changes to the ON button or to the level sliders will affect TX equalization. 

Switching back and forth between TX/RX by clicking the RX or TX buttons only changes which settings you see and can change. It does not disable the other when one is used. You should not have to click the TX button every transmission. 
  • DV
    DV Member ✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Okay, thanks. I hear you that even though the TX equalizer button is not selected and the RX button is lit, the TX equalizer is working when I transmit. So during transmit, when the Equalizer has been turned on and the RX button is lit, the equalizer positions shown on the screen are the RX and not my TX equalizer settings.  While from a technical perspective this works, it is not very intuitive and does not provide to the operator what the active equalizer is doing when in the TX mode. I would think that Flex could improve on this.. 
  • Paul - GI4FZD
    Paul - GI4FZD Member ✭✭
    edited June 2017
    I think tx eq, once set correctly, doesn't need touched again unless you change microphone and you can save the eq settings by microphone so you should not need to go back to tx eq very often. I have my own setting for pr781 and another for flex mic and another for cheapo bm800, they never need touched once set.I haven't seen anyone else flag this up as a problem.

• DV
    DV Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    This is usually true, but not always.  I really think that when you are in transmit mode and you look at your screen you should see your TX equalization settings and the TX EQ button should be lit up. The same goes for when you are in the RX mode, the equalizer for receive should be shown and the RX button should be lit. The screen should accurately reflect what you are doing at the moment.
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    That would be a waste of computer code, switching the display back and forth every time the PTT is pressed or the VOX is tripped. It would cause additional delay in the RX/tx changeover. The EQ functions as it is set until it is changed. It even functions when the whole transmit panel is closed and you can't see it. Like a myriad of other controls, they are set and forget. You don't need to see them for reassurance all the time.
  • DV
    DV Member ✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Yes, i don't know if I care seeing it switch when using the VOX either, but I do not think that would not be any more distracting than seeing the VOX light up the TX Icon. As far as slowing down the code, trust me, what I suggest is very easy to do and the slowdown you speak of would not be measurable. What's the purpose of putting the EQ on the front panel (screen) if it's set and forget? However, not wanting to press this point any further, I will agree that there are many other changes/improvements that would take a higher priority than this suggestion.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.