Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

On a less serious note, how SmartSDR for iOS on an iPad and a Maestro get me more time on the air

Options
Steve K9ZW
Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭
edited February 2019 in Maestro

The Casual DXer Advantages of SmartSDR for iOS and SmartSDR via Maestro While some of us have the ability to block-off large chunks of time to be on the air, many of us have to grab our radio time when we can – usually while on the fly.

Sometimes being on the air involves multi-tasking … Continue reading The Flexer’s Advantage Series: The Casual DXer Advantages of SmartSDR for iOS and SmartSDR via Maestro

Read more of this post  (I don't want to cross post the whole article I did).

Steve K9ZW

Comments

• WV9L
    WV9L Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Options
    I love the ios app. I have a 2hr commute to and from work, and at tines during the day, as i commute to job sites, i get on and work. Love the spotter and logbook functionality. Helps to be able to snag the countries i need when i see them spotted thru the day. I have my rig on a shelf in my shop thats detached from the house. I rarely go out there, especially for radio purposes. I also have my laptop running softether located away from it, in the house (to solve rf issues i was having). I use an app called splashtop to remote into it for digi modes. Otherwise im solely running on my ipad or iphone 7+. I get full functionality out of the rig and portability. Ran remoterigs and a TS 480HX for several years, but much happier eith this setup. Looking forward to 2.0 to get softether out of the picture. Its pretty stable , but once in a while it crashes and i have to use splashtop to get in the "backdoor" and reboot the vpn server (softether). With work, commuting, and kids, etc, i dont get a lot of serious time on the radio from home. Also, with the shack being detached from the house, it just wasnt practical. This setup has mad the world of difference for me. Sure others will find the same. 73 everyone. Like the article you shared. Good read!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.