Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Attention to details

Bill -VA3WTB
Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
edited January 2018 in New Ideas
Hi Tim,
I was on 40M this morning with a few guys using the Flex 6500. We were talking about the 6500 to the 6600. It was mentioned that it is well understood about the things done on the 6600 to make it very price competitive. Comparing the two, the 6500 is truly a beautiful radio and has a look of refinement. The most noted is the professional  XLR input. gives a sense of detail. It was noted that they would have hoped the XLR could have been part of the 6600.

Because the 6500 is so well made and it is a no compromise radio, they feel that selling them if they wanted would still bring a good return, and that many are now looking for a 6500 to buy.

For me? I wish the XLR could have stayed, it sort of sets radios apart, you know, details.

Comments

• Rick Hadley - W0FG
    Rick Hadley - W0FG Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    I can understand that. Even though only one out of three hundred QSOs I make are on SSB, I run a studio-grade Astatic mic on a boom that takes me back to the days when I was sitting in front of a Collins or Gates board at the radio stations I worked for in my younger days. The XLR plug just seems more professional.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.