Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

FLEX-6400/6600 + Maestro 2 = HDMI Interface?

Joe Stone
Joe Stone Member
edited February 2020 in Maestro
Are there plans for a 1920x1200 Maestro 2?

Is there any reason why the FLEX-6400/6600 (non-M version) couldn't offer 1920x1200 WUXGA via an HDMI interface in conjunction with a Maestro 2 ... essentially a FLEX-6400M/6600M with a detachable display? I'm not sure I understand the motivation for the "M" models.  Why wouldn't you want the display to be detachable?  The only thing you seem to lose with the FLEX-6400/6600 + Maestro 2 combination is the HDMI interface.  Can't that shortcoming be addressed?

Joe
KF5WBO

Answers

• Rick N4RZ
    Rick N4RZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Good Question!   But, I'd rather have them leave the HDMI interface on the Maestro 2 for when I'm in the station to use on a bigger display.   I like the 6600M over the 6600 mainly due to the HDMI interface.  But, if I could trade up to this hypothetical Maestro 2 and the 6600 from my current Maestro and 6500 it would be great and a lot more economical than purchasing a 6600M and still needing the Maestro for when I'm not operating from in the shack.
  • km9r.mike
    km9r.mike Member ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Maestro II w/ hdmi out and same display size as 6600m would be sweet.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited May 2017
    Joe - These types of questions cannot receive an answer from FlexRadio.  We are not allowed to discuss or speculate on future features or products before their release is imminent.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.