Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SmartSDR for iOS and digital modes

Options
Carl N8VZ
Carl N8VZ Member ✭✭
edited April 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
I've seen some scattered references to folks running digital modes (JT65, PSK31) on their iPad's using SmartSDR for iOS.  However, I can not find any descriptions of how they set it up.  What apps they used to interconnect with SmartSDR for iOS, etc.  Can someone point me to a description of the how to set this up?  Thanks. -- 73 de Carl N8VZ

Answers

• Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Options
    As far as I know, right now you cannot run digital modes on your iPad directly (except CW via CWX). 

You can run SSDR for iOS and via DAX do digital modes on a Windows PC.

You can also run smartSDR on the desktop, run the digital mode program there and use RDP, VNC or something else to view the PC desktop. 
  • Carl N8VZ
    Carl N8VZ Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Thanks, Rita! I was kind of afraid that might be the answer. Do you know if it's being worked on for a future release of SmartSDR for iOS?
  • Carl N8VZ
    Carl N8VZ Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Sorry, Ria, autocorrect misspelled your name.
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Your best bet is to ask Marcus, DL8MRE. He developed the app. From my experience sharing audio data among apps in iOS is going to be a challenge so I don't really see the same arrangement on Windows applying to iOS where you have a DAX program and then your programs use audio devices.
    However, since DAX is available via the API, it's possible for someone to write a standalone digital mode app on iOS that connects directly to the rig via ethernet and gets the audio data that way.

Something to think about. 
  • Bob- W5TX
    Bob- W5TX Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Paradise is never having to apologize for autocorrect!
  • Carl N8VZ
    Carl N8VZ Member ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Thanks, I'll ask Marcus.
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options
    autocorrect is funny

www.damnyouautocorrect.com

(PG-13, fair warning)
  • Gastonet
    Gastonet Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Does anyone know this app? https://audiob.us/ It can interconnect apps between them in iOS kind of Virtual Audio Cable, FlexRadio Dax, etc.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.