Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Windows Security Update KB4015217 causing Poor Network Diagnostic reports on Windows

Options
Joe Bales
Joe Bales Member ✭✭
Noticed the Network Diagnostic bar graph on Poor (Red) with many dropped packets reported - 72% over time. Audio and signals on the pan adapter were normal.  Spent a few hours diagnosing the problem - New Patch Cables - New switch and on and on - connected Wireless .  Well this morning used the Maestro via Ethernet and all bars were green - So it hit me that a Windows update was installed yesterday.  Update KB4015217 was in fact installed - So I uninstalled it to see how things would go.  Upon reboot after uninstallation, I have 5 green bars-solid all is well.  Flex may need to tweak something due to KB4015217 if they can duplicate the issue.  Wanted to throw this out in case others are seeing the same issue. 

Comments

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I have entered this problem report into our bug tracker as issue #4610 for additional investigation. Thank you for the defect report.
  • Joe Bales
    Joe Bales Member ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Read a few writes regarding issues with failed/incomplete installs of KB4015217 - So I reinstalled it again and again and finally after the 3rd install I am getting 5 Green Bars consistent -  I think I have it under control by doing that - hopefully others will also - 
  • Joe Bales
    Joe Bales Member ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Well that did not last long.  back to Red -  Maestro all Green Bars -  we shall see what happens with issue #4610  - thanks

• Tim - W4TME
    edited April 2017
    Options
    In the interim, you may need to back out KB4015217.  Since this is an OS issue, there may not be much we can do.
  • Joe Bales
    Joe Bales Member ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Just did that - and modified Group Policy to prompt before downloading/installing updates.  Have about a 1 month old fresh install of Windows 10 and forgot to make the change.   All Green now so far.

• N7VR
    N7VR Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Hi Tim,
    Please note this is for the Windows 10 OS and does not apply to the Windows 7 OS.  
    I have noted in my test here that the section that:
    "Addressed issue that increases CPU usage when IP forwarding or weak host is enabled."
    is producing errors.
    I have submitted a bug report on this on the Microsoft Windows 10 OS System.
    Jim Fuller N7VR

• Tim - W4TME
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Thanks Jim

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.