Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Disable Filter Control Widget ?

Gary L. Robinson
Gary L. Robinson Member ✭✭
edited April 2017 in SmartSDR API
Is there any way to disable the Filter Control Widget programmatically via the SmartSDR API ( preferably the Flexlib .NET API)?  When the mouse hovers over a specific area of the panadapter the Filter Control Popup comes up and can cause problems.  I don't see anything obvious in the FlexLib API that would turn off or disable this.  Any programmers have any ideas on how to accomplish this?

Answers

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited April 2017
    The filter widget is a client side function.  It is not controlled specifically by the API.
  • Gary L. Robinson
    edited April 2017
    Thanks Tim, I had figured that was the case but was not 100% sure. Though, I notice that the released version of the FreeDV waveform does NOT seem to be affected by the Filter Control Widget popping up and messing up it's filter. However, recompiling that waveform and renaming the mode from FreeDV to FreeDVL (I'm making a lsb version) does have accidentally bringing up the Filter Control Widget wreak havoc with the FreeDVL filter. Which makes me think that there may be specific client side code to specifically keep it from pestering FreeDV by specific name. Though perhaps there are other explanations beyond my understanding. ---Gary WB8ROL
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited April 2017
    You are on track.  There are things that we do not allow on a per mode basis and in FreeDV, changing the filters is one of them.  If the waveform has a different name (mode) then I'd suspect some sort of weirdness to happen.  If you need more details, you can drop the  engineering guys a note at devhelp@flexradio.com
  • Gary L. Robinson
    edited April 2017
    Thanks Tim, will do that.  Worse case scenario is that I can't do anything about it and just have to be careful not to mouse over the Filter Control Widget hihi.  My Lower Sideband FreeDV version is working other well otherwise and can coexist with the original one.  
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited April 2017
    You may want to discuss your changes with the engineering team and how to go about integrating them into the existing or a new waveform.  To my knowledge, you are the first to experiment with building/modifying waveforms, so I am unsure of the protocol for doing it.  There are advantages to being first.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.