Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Linx 10 Inch Windows 10 2GB RAM 32GB Tablet with Keyboard

Answers

• Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017

That looks like quite a good deal! I am not an expert but if it runs Windows, I can't see any reason it wouldn't. If you buy it, please post your results, I'd be very interested in buying one for myself.

Jim, K6QE

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    My experiences running Win10 on 2 GB of RAM have not been very positive.  Not saying that this device will have issues, just that even for a 32-bit OS, Win10 likes to have a full complement of RAM (4 GB less the amount a 32-bit OS will not address).  For the price, it would be worth trying out.
  • KS4JU
    KS4JU Member
    edited March 2017
    I agree with Tim. I have used SmartSDR  successfully on an Atom based tablet and laptop with 2GB of internal memory. While the device will work well a good bit of the time but not always. Because of the low amount of system memory, Windows will wind up doing a fair amount of caching. When that happens, there is a good chance that SmartSDR will start to stutter. You would probably be better of with a device of at least 4GB of memory.
  • roger na4rr
    roger na4rr Member
    edited June 2017
    I have been using one of these http://ark.intel.com/products/91065/Intel-Compute-Stick-STK1AW32SC  Loaded with W10.  It only has 2g memory but I have had no issues.  I run ssdr., logging and sometimes fldigi at the same time.  But I am not a power user of ssdr.  I run one pan and one or two slices.  I use it everyday to stream movies from kodi.  If I view back to back 1080p movies it will start to buffer on the second one.  I'm not sure if its the computer or my internet.

roger
    na4rr

• Andy M5ZAP
    Andy M5ZAP Member
    edited February 2020
    For the extra £40 I would get the one further up the range with 4gb ram and 64gb of storage. Also sold by Argos.
  • Dolan Morrison
    edited May 2018
    I ended up buying the  Linx 1020 (updated1010) from Argos £139.99 featuring a 64-Bit Quad-Core Intel processor.15metres of Cat5 and she works a treat.I dont intend using the Linx for any other activity so hopefully the 2gb ram should suffice.Thank you for all suggestions.Gm0lze

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.