Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

-dbm readout up all the time.

KM6CQ - Dan
KM6CQ - Dan Member ✭✭
edited November 2019 in New Ideas
It would be very nice to be able to have this -dbm readout up all the time, or at
least have the option to toggle it the way we did in PSDR. 

Comments

• KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018

That suggestion has been on the WISH LIST for several years now..

Especially since the red on black of the S-Meter is virtually unreadable to my vision challenged eyes.

Albeit the S-Meter (Blue on White) is readable as an Alternative Color on SmartSDR for iOS

• Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    You can do it in DDUtil for the active slice. 
  • KM6CQ - Dan
    KM6CQ - Dan Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Hi Ria and thank you. 
    I am using that feature on DDUtil. 

• Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Hi Howard,
    I know the request to make the S-Meter scale colors more readable has been around for a few years (along with similar requests for the SWR and power scales).  And we have made suggestions about having digital and analog readouts for both camps.  

I did some mockup for the SWR and Power scales but don't think we made any for the S-Meter so figured I'd put one together.  It is based on the standard conversion between S reading and dBm from the table below.   Let me know if you think this mockup captures the idea.   

I can also add this mockup to the S-Meter idea if you have the link to the one you prefer.  

Regards, Al / NN4ZZ  
    al (at) nn4zz (dot) com
    SSDR / DAX / CAT/ 6700 -  V 1.10.16
    Win10

The idea is to expand the scale for both S and dBm as well as provide a large and visible digital readout.  In addition make it more readable with a WHITE background.  Click the image to see it full size.  

• KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Al Here is the Alternative VISIBLE COLORS iin SSDRfor iOS. image
  • Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Howard, Well that white background really does make a difference. We have both been advocating that for a while now. The mockup I made takes the next step and provides the digital readout also. And I forgot to mention that the suggested format would also avoid over-writing the frequency display in the slice. Regards, Al / NN4ZZ
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017

Al

Us visually challenged have been begging for visible colors for years and years..

But I also understand that the Flex needs to pay the light bill so they have to concentrate on important stuff like V2.0

• Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Howard, Understand.....but hopeful since I read in another post that FRS now has a new GUI programmer . Maybe we'll see some of these things this year or next. Regards, Al / NN4ZZ
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    I would also like to see it in SmartSDR.
  • Duane  N9DG
    Duane N9DG Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    I'd like to see an additional option to completely replace the S unit bar graph with a digital readout of the dBm level.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.