Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Request to add high fidelity bluetooth profile option such as A2DP in addition to HFP to SmartSDR fo

K1VL
K1VL Member ✭✭
edited August 2020 in New Ideas
I am really enjoying SmartSDR for iOS on both my iPhone 7 and iPad 2! I especially enjoy being able to listening and work the various HF bands while in the family room, on the back porch or in the mobile connected over an LTE network via VPN.

One drawback I have discovered in SmartSDR for iOS  is that of the Bluetooth audio quality due to what appears to be the implementation of the low fidelity HFP profile. As an avid AM mode amateur radio operator I would like to enjoy listening and operating using a higher quality Bluetooth profile such as A2DP that would offer the full fidelity I can experience either directly wired to the phone or tablet using Apple earbuds or at home on the SmartSDR Windows client. On the Windows client I can use the full fidelity Bluetooth profile within the Windows OS to connect my Logitech H800 headset with great "High-Fi" results.

In short, I would love to see the implementation of a choice to to use either HFP or A2DP Bluetooth profiles (or equivalent) that would allow me to listen and operate using full fidelity sound quality up to the limits of the SmartSDR software. Currently I can only achieve full fidelity on SmartSDR for iOS via hardwired earbuds on iOS.

Thanks again for such a great app for mobile operation!

Carmine W1EQX
2 votes

Open for Comments · Last Updated

Comments

• David Ahrendts
    David Ahrendts Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Carmine, what a great question. Hi-fi AM from the Apple iPad Pro sitting outside on the terrace. Oh my, life is good. 

David Ahrendts, KK6DA, Los Angeles

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.