Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Avast Anti-Virus Firewall update blocked Flex. Need to change Avast settings

Pat N6PAT
Pat N6PAT Member ✭✭
edited May 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
I use Avast anti virus. Avast updated this morning and I could no longer use my Flex 6700. It did not show up in SSDR.

I checked and the upgraded Avast was blocking SSDR, DAX and CAT applications. I added overriding firewall rules but that didn't work.

I then noticed on the Firewall page that during the upgrade Avast changed my Ethernet connection from private to public which then violated the access rules. This was causing the problem. I changed it back to private and everything worked.

Anyone using Avast should watch out for this.

Comments

• Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    I've also had issues with it. Currently looking into other solutions. 
  • Mike va3mw
    Mike va3mw Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Yes, having your Ethernet connection marked as Public will shut you down.  It makes your laptop/computer think you are on a public lan connection (like being in a Starbucks).  

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Will it serve up a french vanilla latte?
  • ka7gzr
    ka7gzr Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    No- you must come up here to Seattle to get that...
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
  • ka7gzr
    ka7gzr Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    That's not in Seattle- I see sunshine.
  • Paul Lourd
    Paul Lourd Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Good tip.  In the last few months, Avast has broken a few things for me (DXLABS is common). I've gone back to Microsoft Essentials for now.  Go ahead, laugh. Nothing can protect you from a day one exploit!
  • Mike Steiner, K7QDX
    edited November 2019
    Wow 3 years later it just happened to me. Thank you... However I don't want a three year coffee. 
  • Johan _ SE3X
    Johan _ SE3X Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Which version are you using? I use the Free version, hams are cheapos.., and haven't had any problem yet. Would be interesting to know if this is a problem when using the full paid version, vs the free one.
  • This thread was a life saver for a friend of mine

Thank You so much I owe the N6PAT and friends a few beers

cheers!

Steve

KG5VK

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.