Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Frequency Moves in Wrong Direction!

Lasse Moell
Lasse Moell Member ✭✭
edited February 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
This something I have noticed a few times, but I cannot recreate when it is to show. Spinning VFO knob on my Maestro I see the freqency start to move in the wrong direction, and then, shortly, start to change in the correct direction. Not a major issue but it sure surprises me when I see it. We are talking fractin of a second, but if one is watching the panafall it is clearly seen. Today the marker was at center of panafall and moved upwards when I spun the VFO CCW, but shortly changed (when it got to right end of panafall) and moved downwards.

Using latest 1.10.16 beta, Maestro and Flex 6500

Comments

• K0FLY
    K0FLY Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Been there seen the same behavior.  In my case it was the encoder was  starting to fail.  Does the anomaly occur with both VFO encoders ?   Mine (encoder A) got worse so that I could see  the frequency line stop, change direction, and then resume the original direction  (it kind of shuddered).   It was very noticeable with the Maestro set to 100 or 200 HZ steps.  VFO B (encoder B) was smooth and operated normally.   I was able to shoot a video with my phone, it was e mailed to Flex  to help explain the complaint.

Dudley had me perform a full reset on the Maestro, after that didn't resolve the problem, the Maestro was admitted to the Hospital in Austin, they replaced the encoder.

Gayle K0FLY

• Lasse Moell
    Lasse Moell Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Gayle, thanks for the information! Honestly, I really use the VFO A most of the time, so hard to say if it there with VFO B. So far I've only seen this a handful times, but will watch closer. If it is a h/w failure, good to see it go with-in warranty period :)

Cheers
    Lasse SM5GLC
  • Rick N4RZ
    Rick N4RZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    I have had the same problem only mine sounds a little worse.   The problem appears to be intermittent and sometimes is quite noticeable.   I turn VFO A to go up the band and the frequency starts going down the band only to reverse and go the correct way.   On other times it will not let me fine tune a station in, sort of jumping back in frequency as I try to go forward in small amounts.  I have only observed the problem on VFO A.  Currently, my Maestro is back at Flex for the second time and they are looking into the problem and probably will replace the encoder again unless some other problem is discovered.  
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Lasse,

I recommend that you contact the distributor from whom you purchased the Maestro regarding a warranty repair.  It may have to be sent to the Service Center in Germany for service.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.