Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Creating own WAV files with mic connected to Flex ?

Options
Andrew O'Brien
Andrew O'Brien Member ✭✭✭
Any suggestions/tips for creating my own WAV files (for voice keying) using a Heil Gold Elite that is connected to the Flex 6300 ? I guess I could create some with a basic Logitech PC mic that is connected to my PC but I am assuming the quality will be  better using the Heil . 

Andy K3UK

Answers

• Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Easy as pie...

Get Audacity:

Use DAX Mic Stream as your soundcard input for recording to Audacity,  You don't need to be transmitting to record if your DAX Mic Stream is active, but you need to have the DAX input button in the Transmit panel turned off or you won't get a live feed to the DAX Mic Stream.

Record your files,

clip excess dead time from beginning and end,

Do any other processing you want (a little dab'll do ya),  Your recorded files will be processed the same as your live mic, so don't do much, if anything to them with Audacity.  I used to just even out the levels with a slight bit of compression)

Export to either a .wav or .mp3 as needed, with the file name you wish to use.

Clear the recording,

Record and export other files as needed.

copy these files to your logger/voice keyer program.

This is what I did before I figured out how to record on the fly within N1MM+

Ken - NM9P
  • Andrew O'Brien
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Thanks, very helpful .  I keep forgetting about DAX mic stream.   I'll do that and then read how to record on fly with N1MM+
    Andy K3UK
  • Jay Spaulding
    Jay Spaulding Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    That's what I did. Works good. Or you can get a XLR cable ito USB. But that's just an added expense you don't need. But I do use it for remoteing from another PC with a Heil mic.
  • Andrew O'Brien
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Wav files already made. Ken was correct , easy as pie.  A little dabble of compression on to even out peaks. 
    I really do need to start using a microphone more on air  , not used to things if not digital modes or CW.

Andy K3UK

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.